1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Garage Gunshop In line shotguns.

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by WILD CAT, Apr 15, 2011.

1. WILD CAT

WILD CAT New Member

Not many years ago, I started to see in gun publications, the so called Inline muzzle loaders, like a novelty. To me it seemed a simple improvement on shotguns I have used for bird and squirrel hunting when I was a teenager in forests around the town where I was born. Only smooth bores, some unnamed gunpowder under a small paper pellet, 100 to 150 #9 lead pellets, some more paper and a cap. Some guessing makes me think that the whole shotgun including the firing mechanism and the crudely made stock, would cost less than ten dollars of 50 years ago. Anybody ever saw or heard of such guns?

Out of nostalgy, I bought one in 10 gauge, some 2 years ago and fired it very very carefully. No problem although I know of a couple of accidents.
    The action has only 3 moving parts and 2 springs. I haven't had the oportunity of examining a modern in line muzzle loader.
  2. Rozetka

Rozetka New Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. WILD CAT

WILD CAT New Member

Re: is there true

Although I'm not good with a computer, I'll do my best to send you pictures of the shotgun.