Gays in the military -

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ampaterry, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

OK, it is now the rule - and a navy officer immediately married his gay partner.

Without even getting into the morality of this, I have a more mundane question.
    How do the services plan to handle the shower/locker room/bathroom facilities? They can not, and never have, expected men and women to shower together. If a man and a woman cannot shower together due to sexual concerns, how can a straight man be forced to shower with a gay man, or same for straight and gay woman? Are all bases, ships, military facilities now going to double the number of facilities to accomodate this latest social experiment?

But wait, it gets worse -
    If this separation is to prevent possible sexual activity, you can't have gay's showering together either -
    So we end up with a private bathroom/shower facility for each service member?
    As Dirty Harry said, "That is a he77 of a price to pay for being stylish!"
  2. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

George Washington kicked them out of his army when they were discovered. If they are here to stay in the military, I think that they should serve in their own regiments away from straight people. If they want to misbehave while on duty, they should have to pay the price just like a straight person.
  3. Willie

Willie Active Member

A few years ago my lesbian step-doughter and her mate toured the Grand Canyon. She told me that the people were seperated so they could pee etc. So.........the lesbian girls were with the straight girls......kind of the same prob as talked about in this thread. I always thought that was wrong. But the girls must have liked it. Sad stuff.
  4. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

I can see it now. A whole battalion of guys in pink camo.:D
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

not long and you will be able to marry your dog

i am not joking. I recall going to channel 4 news some 15 years ago for a show on anti hunting. These people actuall thought that in the future humans will be able to talk to animals. Give them an inch you know
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It's no longer a sin, it's an alternative life style!:bleh: Or so they say!:(
  7. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

According to the guidance we have received so far, no arrangements will be made concerning living situations, bathrooms. or showers.
  8. Python

Python Former Guest

Soap on a rope is definitely going to make a big comeback at the PX.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    How long do you think it will be before someone gets court martialed, and I'm talking about a homosexual getting court marrialed!
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What happens when it's shower time? Are they going to put the gay men in with the straight men? Last time I checked, the men don't get to bunk with the women. Why should the gays get to bunk with the straights? I think this is a bad idea to end DADT.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

It will open up the door to pedophiles too.
  12. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

Is Not happy about this. Nor are any of the troops I have had private conversations with.
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

LOL!!!

EVERYONE drops the soap now and then.
    A large job for the Latrine orderly will now be picking up all those un-retrieved bars.

But seriously; I don't see how they can be mixed right in with the straights and NOT cause tons of problems -

I like the idea of a Swish Brigade with Pink Camo, though! Sounds quite stylish.
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

To play devils advocate...

I don't see where the shower scene has any relevance in the matter.
    If the guy/gal wants to lather themselves into contortions, it doesn't matter who they are bathing with. They're gonna do it anyway (and most likely get their butt handed to them).

The arguement seems to become violent when a battle field scenario is interjected (gay person losing it). Were I in that situation, I wouldn't care less if my fellow soldier was gay or not.

The fact is, gays have served in our military from the beginning. And they have served honorably. The only difference is, we never knew it.

They were brothers/sisters in arms when we didn't know. So what's different now?
  15. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I hear ya Bob. So we have some fags in the military. The real problem is the bonehead in DC.