GCN: Gun Control Now

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MrsTeresa, Jan 26, 2011.

1. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

I think California has some of the toughest gun laws and hold 3 spots in the top 10 most violent citys not to mention D.C , New York, Chicago just to name a few so more gun laws wont stop anything murder is illegal period but the people doing it arent really worried about what the law says
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I think different people have different reasons. For some people, it's a matter of upholding their oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution.

For other people, it might be a keen awareness of the ugliness in this world... for example, 36 years ago, 100 thousand Khmer Rouge seized power in Cambodia and murdered two million unarmed civilians.
    An armed populace may be the best guarantee that such a thing could never happen here.
  3. 1969SS396

1969SS396 Member

I believe you started it with this....

"I doubt many of you know much at all regarding the things you speak of"
  4. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

double post aparently my internets screwy tonight.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. gendoikari87

Obviously they're for hanging people, we should ban them along side aluminum baseball bats, crowbars, cars (cause *GASP* you can run people over on purpose), and bleach.

OH and don't forget nitric acid and campfire fule, because you can make RDX out of that if you know what your doing.

Yup we should just ban everything that could possibly be used to kill.
  6. MrsTeresa

MrsTeresa Former Guest

You're telling me that you would honestly shoot someone stealing your car? And then go to jail for manslaughter.. what you all are failing to understand is that you have the wrong approach. The man attacks you physically? Run. Claim he's faster? It's your own fault for not being in shape enough to outrun him. He pulls a gun? Sure, then you could do the same... but oh, wait.. that wouldn't happen with more gun control laws would it? Regardless, why even risk it rising to such a level, take guns out of the picture completely. The government has the power to do as it wishes. If guns were to be banned, they would take care of them. Remove them from civilian circulation and I guarantee the crime would be reduced by AT THE LEAST, 50%
  7. gendoikari87

again....
  8. gendoikari87

Um... Run? So they can shoot you in the back. Even if they don't are you going to run when they come for your house, your children? To rape YOU! I'm sorry but I'm not going to let my family be in danger because I'm too much of a coward to protect my family and my livelihood.

I'm sorry i'm too busy being a physicist deriving the laws of the universe and studying quantum mechanics so we can build a better society to go on a two hour run every morning.

What makes you think he's going to stop at stealing a car, he might stop at that, but he might also graduate to armed robbery, he might also panic and kill someone. God forbid he's a gang member and shoots first before politely asking for your car keys.

no, mam I assure you crime would rise at least 100% or more, Maria salvaturcha for one would have field day slaughtering the innocent cowering in their beds. But wait, there's enough black market guns to make sure every MS member has a fully auto AK-47 so it wouldn't just be with swords and kives but with fully auto weapons. Talk about becoming sheep before the slaughter.

NO, it has the power to do what it's people want, go read the social contract.
  9. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

MrsTeresa, a suggestion if I may. If you come here with good intentions, such as having your questions answered about a controversial subject that is of concern to you, and you do it in a way that is polite and respectful, you will be treated politely and respectfully, and hopefully get some of the answers you seek. We may or may not agree in the end, but you will get an honest, fair discussion if that is what your looking for.

If you wish to demean the members of this forum, through your choice of words, insinuation, and tone, again you probably will get what you are asking for. If somebody came to your house, and talked to you as you have done with some, not all, of your statements, you would not take too kindly to it I suspect.
    Would you like to try starting off on the other foot?

Tom
  10. ckelley

ckelley Member

Take a look at drugs. Heroin, cocaine, meth are all banned by the government. Nobody in this country uses these drugs, because that would be illegal! This is not the case. People that use these drugs even though they are illegal. Because these people are criminals! Just because something is illegal or banned does not mean that people that shouldn't have them cannot get them.
  11. gendoikari87

I think this needs to be put up on websites everywhere.

Mrs. Theresa I would like to ask one question. Why do you care at all whether law abiding citizens own guns at all?

oh and this is why we need firearms, so that it's the criminals that have something to fear not law abiding citizens.

Edit: hey guys found this stright from the lips of the Gun Control Network (GCN):
    I'm gunna let you guys have fun picking that apart.
  12. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

You are not real good with facts, are you?

It is FACT that the more strict the firearm laws are in a city, the MORE violent crime there is. When a state passes a concealed carry law, EVERY TIME the violent crime rate goes DOWN. Criminals are afraid of law abiding citizens with guns, who can fight back.

More GUNS = LESS CRIME!!!
    FBI statistics prove it.

But then, you do not care about the REAL facts.
    I won't waste any more time with you.
  13. gendoikari87

it's not just here in the states either, it's a general trend worldwide that the more guns the less crime(talking not just about laws but in % of the number of people who ACTUALLY carry) . Granted you can't get rid of ALL crime, but the ones that do still choose to commit violent acts usually get what they deserve. as far as I'm concerned if you get shot in commission of a violent crime, the victim should have the right to put another four in your head so you don't come back to victimize anyone else. Just becuase a violent ciminal misses, and doens't end up commiting murder doesn't mean he wasn't trying to. You don't get a free trip in my book just because you missed and got lucky.
  14. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

15. springerbuster

springerbuster Member

It's a proven fact that cities/states with more gun control laws enforced have lower crime

Like New York, LA, Chicago? Take the time to check the facts and stop putting your foot in your mouth. I am done wasting my time on you.