GCN: Gun Control Now

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MrsTeresa, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Its called liberalism. Attack with all you have with misinformed lies, then retreat when overpowered and call foul. Typical. What makes me sick is our military fighting and dying for these idiots. And thanks again Al Mount and all others who have served. From one to another.....
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. Magnum12

Magnum12 New Member

I think I get it. There are those who will not be happy unless they are imposing their values or convincing you that what you believe is wrong. This is in every facet of our lives. To succeed exemplifies their superiority.

Look at the smoking legislation. I wonder what our forefathers would have to say about that. Yet in the name of "health" WE pass laws prohibiting it use. Granted much of this legislation is founded on your smoke infringing on me, but banning smoking in open spaces really doesn't follow along those lines and then taxing a product beyond reason in the name of needed health care, to me, is ridiculous but they are just as happy if you pay for your deeds in a monetary sense. That is why many would relent to a gun tax. It would be their form of punishment and the receiver could care less because it is just more money to mismanage. By the way, I don't smoke.

Cause promoters look for events and incidents to highlight their cause(s) and that’s only natural. The media is thirsty for news which will hold your interest and their ratings.

We just had an incident here where a suspect (shot) in an armed home invasion was acquitted. I don't really understand how but the jury was deadlocked. Shortly after his release he was shot by an associated party. He is barely alive. I suggest that the OP may have different sentiments had they had a need for some protection at some point in time. Although women in general don't possess the ultimate defender gene (as verses the supreme being gene) and say what you will, this is precisely why we do not need a female president or vice president for that matter.

Do I carry? Yes. Do I have home protection? Yes. Do I have a desire to shoot someone? NO. I used to be right, then a gun loving lefter and now I am independent but I really don't care for labels and I refuse to follow anyone because of a label. While on that, I don’t hold any one party liable for the woes or the greatness of this country. We need to vote and push for candidates who serve our beliefs. If we as a country believe in banning smoking, guns, alcohol, etc. and I am the minority, even if everyone else is medicated and brainwashed, so be it but as the middle and lower classes get poorer and more oppressed they will become less passive and I think this is what some don’t realize. This country was founded along those lines.

I too believe additional gun control legislation would only add bureaucracy and feed black market trade but I am all for keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people and criminals. I have no idea how to stop illegal possessions of firearms or ammunition, especially now that the country is flooded with both. I am pretty sure that the government (which ever is empowered) wants gun toting law abiding citizens on their side though.

I don’t consider myself a troll but I do spend a lot of time reading both sides of the issues and I enjoy knowing YOUR thoughts.

Thanks
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

MrsTeresa,
    With all due respect to you, this part of your mentality is the first proof that you live in the wrong country...and I quote you [ "government has the power to do as it wishes"].
    With all due respect to you, you do not have your facts in any correct order, nor are you remotely educated in world history.
    If so lucky, you are simply brainwashed into your way of thinking, something that you had no control over, as I cannot fathom you allowing this type of mental manipulation on your own. Please tell us more of your background so we may try and understand you better, although I believe we get the picture.
  4. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Also, to quote YOU ["The people who think such as yourselves are all so quick to jump and begin by calling me names when all I did was ask a few questions"].
    This is proof alone of your liberal ignorance.
    With all due respect to you, I would bet that you don't even realize your own fault when you said this.
    { Hint: Criticizing is not the same as asking a few questions, duh...}
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

You have a crazy, lie spewing, misinformed hypocrite coming on here and intentionally attempting to start an arguement, with absolutely no intention of listening to reason or educating themselves, and their sole purpose is to piss off the mostly conservative population here. Then they cry about name calling. They dont deserve any respect. Be gone troll.
  6. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you're asleep. three men pick the lock and break in to your house. just you and your daughter are there. no guns. the criminals have tire irons and crow bars. they take you and your daughter captive. you were going to run away but because they grabbed your daughter first you tried to fight them. after they rape your daughter in front of you, they rape you... then they beat you both unconscience before going through your house for valuables.

if you had a gun close at hand the story would have been. 3 men pick the lock and break into your house... when you see the intruders you notice they have tire irons and crow bars. you point the gun at them and threaten to shoot if they dont leave. they continue towards you so you fire and hit one of them. the others run leaving their comrade hobbling behind. you and your daughter are no longer in danger and call the cops. the cops dont arrest you as you were defending your rights. you right not to be raped, attacked or stolen from.

maybe people can argue gun control many ways. but for this sums it up. a gun is a tool that brings its user, no matter how weak or strong, young or old, onto an equal playing field.

i am 6'5 and 330 pounds. i can defend myself, and most likely could defend myself and my 5'2 110 pound wife as well without firearms. but my wife could not defend herself against someone my size. i can run faster then her, even though im fat. if she was to be faced defending herself against an attacker my size, and i wasn't around, she would be defenseless without a gun.

guns are the great equalizer. they make the playing field level between all ages and sizes and strengths of people. bats and clubs and swords dont do that. neither does the cops.
  7. MrsTeresa

MrsTeresa Former Guest

I'm expected to give respect to these types of responses? You're telling me to tone down and respect you without doing the same to me.

Typical, flamboyant, redneck gun owners.

Why not restrict self defense to hand to hand? Darwin's theory people..

Guns- human invention of the weak.
    Gun control laws- a balance to the false power.
  8. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Yes! That's it! I'm all for it...just as soon as you can gaurantee me that all of the criminal types out there will follow the same restrictions. Oh, ya, almost forgot, I'm a partially paralyzed veteran, so could you possibly regulate that the bad guys may only use one leg when they attack me?

You are a complete IDIOT! If I ever find myself in the same room with someone of your ilk, I will personally slap some sense into you. The true sadness in all of this is that our nation's laws permit people like you to live.
  9. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Ya, DD
    They don't deserve respect. It must be earned.
    Sarcasm...."all DUE respect".
  10. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

the reason we dont restrict self defense to hand to hand combat is because no everyone fights fair. maybe you and i would fight hand to hand fairly, but there is always someone that will pull a knife out of their boot, or have a friend grab you and hold you as he pounds on you

guns were not invented by the weak. they were invented as a supplement to archers and then were refined into a form that then was seen more suitable for war then the bow and arrow. in general it's been mostly armies that have owned guns throughout the ages... and when that army came through your town, you had to give up your food and give them a place to stay... sometimes you also had to give up your daughters virginity too. you knew if you complained they would shoot you, hang you, rape and beat you or cut off your head.

guns give you a balance between honest people looking to be safe, and those that wish to take what others have. they give balance between the righteous and the power hungry who would do anything to obtain power.

it is true, that if there was no guns, then no one would be shot, but it's also true to say that if there was no guns, then knife and club deaths would sky rocket. it's not the instrument that criminals use that causes them to do harm... it's their ill will towards others. anyone with a piece of metal and a grinder can make a knife... anyone with a metal tube could make a makeshift gun. so banning knives or guns wouldnt stop criminals from making a crude form of one of the other.

from reading what you've had to say i will say though that you're obviously not willing to see our point of view as gun owners. you've already got your mind made up and are unwilling to listen or hear the other side. thats the problem with people like you... that no matter what you're shown or told or what the facts are, you do not want to believe something so you make yourself blind and deaf. if you were to do some research you would find that most studies find that the less gun laws a city/country has the less crime it has. not my opinion either.. but the findings of many anti gun groups. i believe the brady center even admitted that the brady bill didnt do any good while it was in affect. anyways my point is that if you would address the issue with a willingness to see the other side then we would also do the same. but when you come on a gun forum with an attitude and dont get results, its not because we're wrong or rednecks, its because we dont like being attacked by someone that is unwilling to have a discussion instead of a lecture
  11. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

MrsTeresa,
    Darlin', you are the ignorant one here.
    You dove right into known shark-infested water
    smelling like caviar and blood.....now you complain??
    Go get your leader, come back with some coherent help please.
  12. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Just add the word American.... and I can live with that.... :D

I found it for you....
    he'll even help you spin, go pull the wool over his eyes.. :p

http://queerjoe.blogspot.com/

Fifty-something gay man, in a committed relationship since 1983
    who loves knitting way more than he should.
    Continuing to explore spinning wool as my latest obsession.
  13. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

With all due respect MrsTeresa,
    You came here and started the debate with thinly disguised, but obvious, and intentional insults. What did you expect to get in return?
    Did you come here seeking an honest and open debate?
    Or did you come here merely to attack us, so that when you received retaliation to YOUR insults, you could stand there and and say "See, I knew they were a bunch of so-and-so gun owners?"

I suspect you found what you came for.
    I am a study of Human interaction/communication. It is very rare for people not to respond defensively and offensively when they are attacked, which is what you did when you came here.

If you truly seek an honest exchange of ideas, an apology would be in order. Then you could get honest answers to your questions.
    You fired the first shot so to speak.

I am trying very hard to give you the benefit of doubt, maybe you just don't communicate your intentions well. It is a common problem that many people have that leads to more trouble and misunderstanding, than our real differences cause.

If you came here only for a fight, then I've merely wasted my time and yours. If that is the case, just leave. You don't need to carry around all the anger that boils up in you from thinking about these things, and trading insults with us.

Tom
  14. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Gonna get me one of these for my latest GSG 1911 since it has been so cold this season.

http://queerjoe.com/patterns/Willie_Warmer_Pattern.htm

Hope I can find one online, otherwise I will probably have to wait until the
    May Men's Knitting Festival this spring.
    Thanx for the link Al Mount. As usual, you are full of help.
  15. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

Yeah you do that, and when criminals come for you in your home with illegal weapons i'm going to laugh because you deserve whats coming to you.

Honestly I hope you gun control nuts get your wish and every gun is banned and outlawed because within six months you will be crying foul once the gangs take over the streets and the military has to be sent in to enforce order, all the while causing hundreads of thousands of civilian deaths, and in the aftermath we will be free of the gun control nuts, either by death at the hands of the drug cartels, or by a change of mind that comes with seeing first hand what happens when you outlaw the only means of a proper defense against the most vile individuals in society.

Criminals don't fight fair, and usually shoot first. and if they get killed in the act of their crimes, oh well it just means they can't go on to harm another innocent.