GCN: Gun Control Now

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MrsTeresa, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

MrsTeresa,
    I hope you stay around this wonderful forum and see how
    diverse we really are.
    Shoot, we have tips on cleaning, cooking, knitting, etc. ,
    and so much more.
    Let me be the first to say Welcome noob MrsTeresa.
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I see that the funny female made another appearance.

You know, Mrs T, people on this forum might be older than you, more intelligent than you, better educated than you, and more widely traveled than you.
  3. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I hope you all realize that this person is NOT legitimate in her complaints, nor reasoned.

Her sole purpose here is to stir up trouble.

She (if it even is a she) isn't looking for debate - she's looking to stir up angry responses.

I encourage all to ignore.

Hopefully the moderator will silence her as well, and good riddance.
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am thinking that without guns, MrsTeresa would not have her constitutional right of free speech. It was with guns that her rights were protected. It was the veterans of the military that she should be thanking. It was their sacrifices that enabled her to come on this forum and speak like a fool. It is guns that will also protect our 2nd ammendment rights . I thank all of the veterans on this forum for their service. Just my 2 cents.
  5. ofitg

ofitg New Member

But I enjoy watching her flop around with her mental spasms...... it's a boring day here :)

If she was an animal I'd feel sorry for her.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

This thread is a very good example of the type of forum we have tried to build here. One troll comes in and tries to start a fight, to prove that we are all incapable of controlling ourselves and we respond (mostly) in a calm, thoughtful manner. It is that respect for others that I have learned to expect from gun owners.

Gentlemen, I am proud of you. I'm going to let this one continue, so long as the members remain civil. I don't expect to have to take any action, because that is the way we are. Armed and polite. :D

Pops
  7. Wags

Wags New Member

Are you stating that the government will take care of and protect the people? In the city of Chicago, the gun control mecca it is, even the police are being shot and killed by criminals. The convicted criminals routinely violate their conditions of probation/parole and the government does NOTHING to them.

There is a recent case here where a convicted multipule sex offender(he is listed as a sexual preadator) violated his parole, the government did nothing, and this criminal broke into a home and raped a teen and her mother. The convict was not allowed to have a computer as a term of his parole, yet he "met" this teen online. He is alleged to have violated his parole at least 40 TIMES! Yet the government who is to protect us(according to those on the left) FAILED MISERABLY!!

Is this how the government is supposed to take care of us? This happened in Chicago, where they still have very strict gun control measures on the books(very few, if any, handgun ownership permits have been issued so far).
  8. army mp

army mp Member

Mrs. T Before you come into a pro-gun form and start spewing your beliefs as Scientific fact, might I suggest you read up on the subject of gun control, A very good place to start would be, John R Lott’s book More Guns /Less crime. As you like to reference Charles Darwin, below is another quote by him.

False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.
    Charles Darwin
  9. Awtoman

Awtoman Active Member

Actually, as a new member with no real say about the goings on around here, I thought as a whole we didn't do ourselves any good.

1st possibility: She came here looking for answers to something she does not understand, probably due to her upbringing/life experiences. She has strong convictions and doesn't know how to communicate her thoughts without interjecting emotion into her words, and so she came across as demeaning and accusatory. By defending ourselves from her accusations/insults we merely helped to confirmed her predisposition against gun owners. Yes, she started it, and maybe deserved worse than she received here. But we didn't win any victory. We only reaffirmed her incorrect understanding of guns and gun owners.

2nd possibilty: (More likely) She came purposely looking for a fight simply to hurl insults, stir up trouble, and reaffirm her beliefs. And even though our response was fairly mild, we gave her what she wanted, which was to reaffirm to herself that we are all ignorant redneck gun owners.
    But I think we could have either informed her better if that's what she was looking for, or spoiled her plans for a fight, if we had not given one back.
    That would have really pissed her off. :)

Bottom line is, we can't change most peoples mind who have no interest in seeking knowledge for the purpose of making a more informed decision.

She probably is a d*** liberal c***

Ultimately, people can call me what they want, or think what they want about me, and I am not offended because I know the truth, and how I live my life.
    As gun owners, we don't need to defend ourselves against false accusations from someone like that. As CCW holders, we are held to a higher standard than that lady can comprehend, and we should try to uphold that standard in our discussions with people who don't understand. It is the only way to have a chance at convincing them, or to win the fight if that's what they want.

Now back to your regular broadcast

Tom
  10. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I think we should be smart and stop feeding the troll.
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Why? Is it going to BITE ME!

Crpdeth
  12. MrsTeresa

MrsTeresa Former Guest

You couldn't prove my point any better.

You think taking life is a joke?!

God save you.
  13. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

As I don't believe we will change MrsT's thought pattern anytime soon, I do believe that this is a vital thread to have in this forum for any/all future persons to find themselves stumbling upon, and see what we are truly made of.
    Many of us have offered our life to protect the rights of even the MrsTeresa's, many have already paid.
    Pops, you said a lot in your post. I agree with you.
  14. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

In point of fact, you do not. You have a right to defend yourself, but there is NO Constitutional right that gaurantees your safety. There NEVER has been, which is THE VERY REASON FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT!
    Your emotional, unreasonable, illogical and very poorly schooled in your rights and the Constitution. The people on this forum are the very LAST ones that you need to be concerned about, crooks and killers don't come here, and one day one of these very people you berate may well use a gun to stop a violent attack against you.
    You wanna be safe? Buy a gun, learn to use it, and stand on your own two feet, instead of hiding behind the foolish and idealistic notion that you have a right to be safe, and that a Govt should secure that right for you.
    Our Founding Fathers would be ashamed of you.
    You know, those brave men who pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor for YOUR rights?
    And Madam, I'll bet I'm far better read than you are on these matters!
  15. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Troll. Nothing more.