GCN: Gun Control Now

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MrsTeresa, Jan 26, 2011.

1. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

A) can your neighbor sue you for that?

B) Where can buy them in bulk?
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

When we were fighting the "It's Crime, Bill" I made up a number of window stickers of the red circle with the pistol slashed out. At the bottom it said "NO GUNS IN THIS HOUSE!" I distributed them to gun stores, hardware stores, sport shops and others, for free distribution. We couldn't find one taker, because one had to promise to put them in their window.

Pops
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

one amusing point is, i bet if a criminal was trying to kill mrsT she would use a gun if one was available, instead of running or fist fighting. just like rosey odonnell is anti gun to the extreme but has armed body guards.
  4. johnlives4christ

kinda like when people put a sticker for a security system in their window but dont really have one. or when they get those sound activated barking dog recordings
  5. 45nut

45nut New Member

Mrs. T,

You could not be more wrong regarding crime and crime stats. Historically, cities with the most restrictive gun laws have the highest crime rates. The simple reason for this is, while the criminals do not disarm per local statutes, the honest citizen will. Thus, the law abiding is unarmed and unable to defend him/herself from the unlawfully armed criminal.

You don't have to like guns and you don't have to own them, but the Second Amendment enumerates our God given right to protect life liberty and property, by force if we need to.

Do you know what specific event caused the first shots to be fired in the Revolutionary War? The British were marching to Lexington & Concord to confiscate the Colonials stored weapon's. In other words, the British were going to disarm us, so we would be easier to beat back into submission.

http://www.american-partisan.com/cols/blanks/081400.htm

Read the article in the above link. A couple of quotes:

When one asks a gun control supporter why they support additional gun laws they will undeniably answer that they do so to stop crime, and to "save the children." The same thing can be said for gun control groups like Handgun Control, Inc. and the Violence Policy Center. Obviously, these are positive goals, which are shared by this author and essentially every law-abiding citizen in the United States. However, the problem with this position by gun control supporters is that there is no evidence to show that any of their laws have ever reduced crime or violence. Hence, the question must be asked; does gun control equal crime control?

A review of the areas in the U.S. with the most restrictive firearm laws, including such areas as Washington, D.C., Chicago, IL, New York, NY, and the state of California, shows that these areas have some of the highest crime (especially violent) crime rates in the U.S. The crime rates in all of these areas exceeds the national average and they all have enacted in-depth restrictions on firearm ownership that includes licensing and registration schemes, various taxes, testing, and even bans on firearms. In essence, these areas have become a gun control supporters Utopia.

Yet, even with all of these gun laws and the high praise from gun control groups like Handgun Control, Inc., crime has continued to be a serious problem. The issue of continued high crime is especially disconcerting when comparing the crime rates in these gun control Utopias to the crime rates in areas that have not gone the route of extreme gun control. In almost all cases, the areas in the U.S. with the fewest gun control laws and highest gun ownership also have the lowest crime levels. One of the most interesting comparisons is that of Washington, D.C. with its gun bans since the 1970s, and the D.C. suburbs in Virginia, which has very little gun control. Even though gun ownership is high and there are few gun control laws in the Virginia suburbs of D.C., gun control has reached extreme levels, the crime rate is much higher across the state line where gun ownership is almost non-existent.
  6. 45nut

45nut New Member

Did someone let Algore sign up???? ROTFLMFAO, this is seriously rich. I haven't had such a good belly laugh in a long time.

Remember folks, these people exist and they vote. Vote early and often, I say.
  7. 45nut

45nut New Member

Ma'am,

If you knew Crpdeth, you would know he is a gentle, artistic phtographer who wouldn't harm a fly. He would however, kill an intruder trying to harm him, as we all would.

I respect your opinion, but on this forum, you certainly are ah... uhm.... outgunned

[​IMG]

Sorry, I got here late, but wanted to get in a little trollin anyways. Sometimes you just have to warm yer hands on the barrel of yer gun
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  8. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Sounds just like long time anti gun congressman r. C. Soles who shot a man outside his home.
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Without guns, there would be no such thing as the United States of America, or "rights."

The Second Amendment is as important as the Constitution itself.

Your right to be safe? Where in the Constitution does it say that? I recall it saying I have a right to keep and bear arms and that right shall not be infringed.

I don't recall it saying your perceived 'right to be safe' trumping my Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I agree with Ron White a little more after reading this post. You can't fix stupid.
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Like Chicago right? I'd like to see a source to back up this "claim." Because it seems more like a "claim" than a fact.

New York City's crime rate has only gone down because they employ about twice as many police officers as Chicago.

Whereas if they empowered the citizens to carry weapons to protect themselves, they would save lots of money.
  11. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

Since MrsTeresa wants to just ask questions as she has pointed out I have one for her and here goes
    Why have you only reacted to the small number of posts that seem to be the same as yours and are just said to get a reaction and completely ignored any post that states well known facts that blow your allegations completely out of the water and expose them for the lies they are?
  12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I'm not a redneck. I live in the city. You talk about namecalling and all this and that, here you are. What do you have to say to this? Or are you going to ignore me like most of the other posters here because you know you're in the wrong?

And why not restrict self defense to hand to hand? Again you are not getting the big picture. A "criminal" is not going to abide by the law. You put your fists up, they pull a gun. Now what do you do? Run away and pray to God you don't get shot in the back? Let me know how that works out for you. For now, the Second Amendment still exists and the Supreme Court has ruled that it protects an individual right to have guns, and that it also applies to handguns. Read em and weep.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I'm not in favor of censoring this person in any way, but why are we honestly wasting our time talking to someone like this? We know these people don't have a shred of common sense in them. And they obviously refuse to listen to factual information that has been posted here.
  14. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't believe you guys suckered up to a troll like this. She/he wound you guys up like a 2 dollar watch.
  15. Redhand

Redhand Member

Well, Ms T the very government that you would grant Omnipotent power, placed a machine gun in my 18 yr. old hands sent me off to a third world(stone age) country to kill all of the little yellow people I found, when it was gover-n-mentally necessary. And you forgot to mention that it was yours as well as my security that was being protected by Uncle sugar. Well, I now choose to be self reliant for my own protection and choose the time and place to fight my battles. You are racist and bigoted for call us Rednecks and men( in a derogatory ) frame of reference. You must be a man basher. You make several references to the guns power. The guns power is derived from the man and woman behind the gun to take personal responsibility for protected their own. Does your same logic about being assaulted apply to females? You girls should just run faster when you are about to get raped and save face by saying , OH! the guy was just faster. My advice to you is to put down the pipe, pull your cranial cavity out of your anal cavity and join the real world. Other than that, Thats all I've got to say about that. Here's wishing you a full tube of Preparation H in your holier than thou world.:confused::rolleyes::eek:
  16. Redhand

Redhand Member

Because in her own words it empowers us like our guns.Sticks and Stones may break my bones but a gun in the right hands might kill me first.:confused::rolleyes::eek:
  17. WTC7SmokingGun

WTC7SmokingGun Former Guest

Safety isn't a right or even a privilege. Freedom is a right.

"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket." -- General Smedley Butler, USMC

But in a way I agree with you... in the course of human events, sometimes fascist Nazi pigs take over your country, and that's when the people's right to bear arms comes in handy. :eek: Heck, the people of Egypt could use some more guns right about now too. :D
  18. johnlives4christ

lol
  19. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Im glad you guys are so passionate, but you have totally wasted your time and effort. I am going to guess that this troll was actually the last "former guest" that got mad about being ousted and came back as a female troll just to get everyones dander up. I know there is always that "sliver of hope" that this person could possibly see the light, but history shows us its not likely. I have spent the better part of my adult life argueing with these idiots and it just doesnt work. The ONLY thing that works is to have them or one of their family members raped or killed before it sets in. But really, do you guys believe this was a real mrsT? I highly doubt it. This person came to upset you and it totally worked. Like I said, troll, nothing more.
  20. Kestral

Kestral Member

If the worst of the worst happened,I would prefere to end by the gun,than by an axe or machette.