GCN: Gun Control Now

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MrsTeresa, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Yea right!

Just look at Chicago, and you will find that your statment is absolutly false.
    Crime increased with stricter gun controll laws.
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Why, thats a dumb question. Just ask them politely to please leave you alone and go next door and rob those people. If that doesnt work, your 18 month old child should be able to run however far it is to the police station to get help. If the kid cant run that far then you should punish it for not being in shape enough to run that far. Gosh, do I have to tell you everything? Oh, these gun lovers!
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

She will read it, she's just busy at the moment hugging a tree
    that was inadvertantly shot by one of us blind, non-caring,
    rednecks 'toting the heat'.
    (not to mention any names, bet it was corporal death!)
  4. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

That's just it, they don't want you harm those poor innocent criminals. Afterall they're people too!! I get tired of hearing this from my fellow liberals, as soon as someone acts on trying to use violence to take your livlihood, they no longer are humans, at that point i condsider them to be less than human, less than animals. Heck I pray for the deer/squirrels I kill, I honor them by not wasting a bit of their body. Criminals, no such treatment.

Still won't work, the black market hides from uncle sam, and people know how to build primitive firearms, and or steal from law enforcement.

Wow, i'm super damned then, i've eaten veal and rabbit.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  5. Rocketman1

If we had more gun controll laws, he would have the gun, and I would'nt so then I would probably be dead.

I guarantee, that this would never happen. First of all, it would be impossible. Just think about it for a minute and tell me how you would do this? If the government tried they would turn the US into Bagdad.
  6. Rocketman1

7. gendoikari87

You know as much as I try to respect and honor our enemies so that I can honor those killed in the line of duty, it's hard to have respect for these terrorists when they can't even make high grade explosives. which brings me to my next point.

Mrs. T do you know how easy it is to make explosives, and I mean high grade RDX? I assure you, if you ban firearms, they will be made in basements, making criminals out of ordinary citizens. And the police would be caught off guard by the fact that *gasp* criminals are showing up with guns... but we got rid of them all.... how'd they do that....

well it's easy. RDX for instance is an outdoor store and a chemical supply store away. (there are other places to get the ingridients but I don't really want this to be common knowlege, no matter how easy it is. I'm not going to perpetuate it.)
  8. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

Thanks, friend sent me that on facebook and I just had to share it
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 Really heart warming..
  10. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

11. gendoikari87

A) can your neighbor sue you for that?

B) Where can buy them in bulk?
  12. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

When we were fighting the "It's Crime, Bill" I made up a number of window stickers of the red circle with the pistol slashed out. At the bottom it said "NO GUNS IN THIS HOUSE!" I distributed them to gun stores, hardware stores, sport shops and others, for free distribution. We couldn't find one taker, because one had to promise to put them in their window.

Pops
  13. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

one amusing point is, i bet if a criminal was trying to kill mrsT she would use a gun if one was available, instead of running or fist fighting. just like rosey odonnell is anti gun to the extreme but has armed body guards.
  14. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

kinda like when people put a sticker for a security system in their window but dont really have one. or when they get those sound activated barking dog recordings
  15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Mrs. T,

You could not be more wrong regarding crime and crime stats. Historically, cities with the most restrictive gun laws have the highest crime rates. The simple reason for this is, while the criminals do not disarm per local statutes, the honest citizen will. Thus, the law abiding is unarmed and unable to defend him/herself from the unlawfully armed criminal.

You don't have to like guns and you don't have to own them, but the Second Amendment enumerates our God given right to protect life liberty and property, by force if we need to.

Do you know what specific event caused the first shots to be fired in the Revolutionary War? The British were marching to Lexington & Concord to confiscate the Colonials stored weapon's. In other words, the British were going to disarm us, so we would be easier to beat back into submission.

http://www.american-partisan.com/cols/blanks/081400.htm

Read the article in the above link. A couple of quotes:

When one asks a gun control supporter why they support additional gun laws they will undeniably answer that they do so to stop crime, and to "save the children." The same thing can be said for gun control groups like Handgun Control, Inc. and the Violence Policy Center. Obviously, these are positive goals, which are shared by this author and essentially every law-abiding citizen in the United States. However, the problem with this position by gun control supporters is that there is no evidence to show that any of their laws have ever reduced crime or violence. Hence, the question must be asked; does gun control equal crime control?

A review of the areas in the U.S. with the most restrictive firearm laws, including such areas as Washington, D.C., Chicago, IL, New York, NY, and the state of California, shows that these areas have some of the highest crime (especially violent) crime rates in the U.S. The crime rates in all of these areas exceeds the national average and they all have enacted in-depth restrictions on firearm ownership that includes licensing and registration schemes, various taxes, testing, and even bans on firearms. In essence, these areas have become a gun control supporters Utopia.

Yet, even with all of these gun laws and the high praise from gun control groups like Handgun Control, Inc., crime has continued to be a serious problem. The issue of continued high crime is especially disconcerting when comparing the crime rates in these gun control Utopias to the crime rates in areas that have not gone the route of extreme gun control. In almost all cases, the areas in the U.S. with the fewest gun control laws and highest gun ownership also have the lowest crime levels. One of the most interesting comparisons is that of Washington, D.C. with its gun bans since the 1970s, and the D.C. suburbs in Virginia, which has very little gun control. Even though gun ownership is high and there are few gun control laws in the Virginia suburbs of D.C., gun control has reached extreme levels, the crime rate is much higher across the state line where gun ownership is almost non-existent.