GCN: Gun Control Now

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by MrsTeresa, Jan 26, 2011.

1. XD Fan

XD Fan New Member

Great job here everyone. As we all know, you can't "win" an argument against emotion, and liberals always seem to have an over-supply of emotion. If they would ever start thinking with their brains they would be dangerous...no wat, if they did that, they would be conservative wouldn't they?
  2. tech16024

tech16024 New Member

Hate to add my .02 but this/these arguements have been going on forever, I actually "debated" handguns being legal about 1984 (lost only because it was a popularity contest) I personally don't want and certainly can't afford "hundreds of guns" but I know people who do! anti-gun nutz get all wiggy about people who have large amounts of firearms well people only have 2 hands so who cares how many someone owns.
    I'm still amazed that people can't grasp the fact that guns are no more dangerous than the person holding it. If you don't believe me come to my house we can put a loaded gun on the table and hit the button on the stopwatch and see how long it takes til it jumps up and shoots someone, we can even call it names and make verbal threats at it if you think it'll make it respond faster.
    Someone brought up all the illegal drugs in this country but (keep in mind I didn't read all the comments) I didn't see anyone mention most of these are smuggled in, so even IF the whole country went completely firearm-(less) crimminals would have them within a day.
    How can people deny statistics? more legal gun owners = less crime SIMPLE!

These anti-gun nutz should be required to have some kind of visible marking designating them as such - So I won't risk my life trying to save them if they're ever being victomized - If your not willing to proctect your life or your rights, why should I jepardize mine for you??? oh yeah I remember now -"against all enemies foreign and domestic"
    Sorry but this crap gets me goin
  3. Rastminikov

Rastminikov Former Guest

T-t-t-t-t-trolllllin' [​IMG]

Seriously? Just tryin' to pick fights now, are ya? Not even worth the response. So, it's not gettin' one from me. :cool:
  4. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

Ma'am,

You, of course have a right to your opinion, just as I have a right to mine. I suggest, however, you're exhibiting what many psychologists call transferrance ! That is you're "transferring" what you feel you might do, given a firearm, to all other gun owners !

My ownership of firearms doesn't threaten you ! In fact, in a CCW situation/state they just might protect you ! Firearms are the lone, incapacitated, physically overwhelmed individuals' response to a force majure exerted by a criminal(s) - or a government !

I'm not so interested in "Rights" as I am in survival - for me and mine ! You don't "shoot to kill" - you shoot to live ! As any combat veteran can attest ! Listen - really listen - to accounts of POW survivors from the PTO who "surrendered their arms".......Or think about those shot from the Texas U. tower. Or, more recently, the terror felt by victims at the Fort Hood massacre - which was halted by one armed individual.......

There's serious studies with very exacting criterium that have stood the "test of peer review", demonstrating the effectiveness of being armed when faced with violent assault. Not all resulted in harm- to the defenders or the perps ! And isn't that a good thing ? >MW
  5. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Well written sir,
    The part of your post that I quoted here, I think goes hand in hand, for IMO, our rights garuntee our chance of survival.

Not for nothin', but I can say that I am damn glad that I live in a country where I CAN own guns, where I can protect my loved ones and myself, where I can, if needed, protect our way of life! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

(even though those making the laws have their heads up their effin arses!!)
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

I just spent a while reading this entire thread, and even though Mrs. T has been banned, I'd like to add more food for thought.

1) I spent two years serving in the Berlin Brigade before the Wall came down. I made several trips into East Berlin, and saw many times firsthand what a society looks like when freedoms are abolished, and the populace is disarmed. During my time in Berlin, 17 unarmed people were shot to death by East German guards while trying to escape into the West. Their crime: They no longer desired to be in East Berlin.

2) I believe the reason for crime rates in America is simple - the judicial and prison systems are a joke. Criminals have little to fear by being apprehended. If we were an eye-for-an-eye society, we would see a dramatic decrease in crime.

3) Until we are an eye-for-an-eye society, I have every intention of protecting me and mine with extreme prejudice, lethal force, and finality. No criminal who harms my family will be a burden to taxpayers.

4) In 1983 one of my sisters was attacked and raped. She is 5'2" tall and 110 pounds. She was jogging at the time. The rapist was bigger, stronger, and faster - so outrunning does not work. She now has a concealed carry permit thanks to the great state of Texas, and I absolutely pity the next person who tries to lay a hand on her.

5) I live in the Land of Lincoln, one of the two remaining states with no provision for concealed carry. I'm a "downstater", meaning pretty much everybody south of Chicago. Illinois is the fifth most populous state, but to most Illinoisans, Chicago is Mars. We are not part of the corrupt politics and scandals that continually defame this once great and now bankrupt state. Illinois is 99% farmland and good people. We are the only state with the FOID (Firearm Owners Identification) card, and there are, I believe, some 2,0000,000 legal FOID card holders in Illinois. As you know, Chicago has extra gun control laws requiring permits and registration. There were only 435 murders in Chicago last year. As far as I know, not a single one of them was committed by a FOID card holder. Gun control does not work on criminals - it only affects the law-abiding, taxpaying citizen.
  7. polamalu43

polamalu43 Member

Responding to the utterly oversimplistic arguments of MrsTeresa, I might ask the good lady to look at the example provided by our friends across the Atlantic in Great Britain. They have outlawed the possession of handguns by the people. What has resulted? An explosion of crimes of violence by criminals who no longer need worry about resistance. I am also somewhat taken aback by the notion that I, as a typical gun owner and enthusiast, am on a power trip that can only be satisfied by a gun. My reasons for owning firearms are many. Safety in a dangerous world for my family is foremost. That said, I also immensely enjoy the camraderie of my friends of like mind. I am a responsible gun owner. Because you, good madam, wish to be a sheep, does not mean I must be also. There are many predators and bad people in the world. Why in the world do you vent your wrath on what I have found to be really nice people who have a passion for firearms? And, I might add, people who would likely defend you from harm if that situation ever arose. I sincerely hope you are never in a position where you or someone you love are confronted by a predator. I think your limited powers of persuasion would not serve you well. Your utterly incredible claims of a 50% reduction in violent crime by a banning of guns is a total flight of fantasy. Look at the facts. In those states that have allowed their law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon, crime rates have gone down, and not by a small amount. But, I suspect, looking at facts and evidence is not why you are here. My suggestion would be for you to do a little honest research about the correlation between violent crime and gun ownership by law-abiding citizens. Your ideas are somewhat amusing, but considering the fact they are shared by others in positions of power equally uneducated about gun ownership, they are potentially dangerous to society. The really civilized people are the ones you find in forums like this.
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Dang Juker, welcome aboard man. :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Thank you, brother. I lurked around a few other forums before deciding to hang my helmet here. I don't FaceSpace, MyBook, or Twizzler, and as this is the only forum I've joined, I'll do what I can to be an upstanding member of TFF.
  10. lentz

lentz Former Guest

You're that obama chick,right?