GDMOODY

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JUNKKING, Feb 6, 2011.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

George, Did you get a chance to shoot that P238 yet? I'm telling you you will love the gun! Was at the range today and my Bride put another 200 rounds down the tube without a burp. She is definately getting used to the shorter gun and has advanced her target down range a bit. She did very well at 25 feet I was impressed that she likes the gun so much. Happy shooting
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

What are gun shops charging for the 238?
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

they are averaging around 550 around here.

I just bought the wife a CZ83 stainless, got the pistol, a spare mag, and 200 rounds of .380 for $455 out the door. The P238 was one I was also looking at but liked the CZ alot more, The wife loves it...
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

We paid 569 for the blued with rosewood grips.
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

$550.00 here in Columbus OH
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

They are varying from about $550 to about $675 around here, according to what variation you get. I got the $550 one.

No, I haven't really had the chance to take it to a range yet, because of work schedule and weather on my off days. I did take it out in the back yard the other day and popped off 4 rounds just to make sure it shot! I just did a "quickey", I put a black dot in the middle of a sheet of paper and hung it on a tree and backed up about 10 feet. It took me a bout 10 seconds to fire the 4 rounds and I was pretty happy with the results of those. It was about a 1 inch group, If you want to call 4 rounds a group.

As soon as I am able to get to a real range, I will put up a range report, thanks for asking, Junk!
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

around 625.00 around here for new. Used around 450.00, except I got mine for 300:D. But I sold it:rolleyes: Good little gun, just didn't suit me well.
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I just ordered one to put in stock. That is quite a bit for a 380. but they do look nice.
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

They sell quite well around here. Hopefully you have the same success DD;)
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Junk, if nothing goes wrong, I will finally get to the range tomorrow. I should be able to put up a report tomorrow evening.

I have been carrying the P238 for a couple of weeks now and find that it is light enough to be comfortable to carry, I don't care a lot for the holster it is in. It has one "belt loop" on the back and it turns itself every which way. I am going to have to find one with two belt slots in it so it lays flat and won't twist.

I'm not only taking the P238, also first time shooting my P250 in .40 S&W. I am also taking my Bushmaster AR to sight in the new Red Dot on it. I may even have time to shoot the Winchester 1984AE .357 carbine which I have had a year and have not fired.