Geco 1925 .22lr

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RustyBarrel111, Dec 5, 2010.

1. RustyBarrel111

RustyBarrel111 New Member

My grandfather gave me a 1925 German-made Geco .22 long rifle. It's single shot, bolt action. It's in beautiful condition, and it's what I used to learn to shoot. I would never sell it, but I'm just wondering how much it's worth.
    Thanks!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Rusty , here in Australia they are well thought of rifle but aussified in name , the Geco "Kookaburra" they branded them here,

a real nice collectors one is $400 AUD
    one with all original cardboard and manual is $800 say ( shop prices here)

a nice shooter is about $150 - $250 as folks like them and they are great for kids and i wish i had 2 dozen of them most would have a nice little tasco or Nikkon scope fitted at that price

old 50% condition ones for $100 as restoration guns ( need a sleeve etc but good action etc ) they dont really break but are of a age that wear is hitting many hard ..

i have no idea of prices in the USA

but again a nice and well thought of shooter
  3. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

jack404
    Sounds like you like 22lrs , check out this site.
    They also carry gecos from time to time
    xxxx://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/produits/61

Moderator---If I broke any rules then please remove.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i know , i know!!

the prices on the american continent are 1/4 that here on some stuff , its cruel and the dollars almost even , middlemen and gun control both driving the price up always
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member