1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Geco 1925 .22lr

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RustyBarrel111, Dec 5, 2010.

1. RustyBarrel111

RustyBarrel111 New Member

My grandfather gave me a 1925 German-made Geco .22 long rifle. It's single shot, bolt action. It's in beautiful condition, and it's what I used to learn to shoot. I would never sell it, but I'm just wondering how much it's worth.
    Thanks!
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Rusty , here in Australia they are well thought of rifle but aussified in name , the Geco "Kookaburra" they branded them here,

a real nice collectors one is $400 AUD
    one with all original cardboard and manual is $800 say ( shop prices here)

a nice shooter is about $150 - $250 as folks like them and they are great for kids and i wish i had 2 dozen of them most would have a nice little tasco or Nikkon scope fitted at that price

old 50% condition ones for $100 as restoration guns ( need a sleeve etc but good action etc ) they dont really break but are of a age that wear is hitting many hard ..

i have no idea of prices in the USA

but again a nice and well thought of shooter
  3. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

jack404
    Sounds like you like 22lrs , check out this site.
    They also carry gecos from time to time
    xxxx://www.shop.tradeexcanada.com/produits/61

Moderator---If I broke any rules then please remove.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i know , i know!!

the prices on the american continent are 1/4 that here on some stuff , its cruel and the dollars almost even , middlemen and gun control both driving the price up always
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member