1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

General chat as is.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tony22-250, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Personally I don't think your problems of general discussion clutter stem from having a general discussion in the first place. The problem of having threads all being placed in general and not there proper place is one of confusion. The confusion that people see when they enter the forum. When you glance down the daunting list of forums that is on here its easy to see how people become over whelmed and decide to place their thread in general. Sometimes it not even that. Its when people dont know what category there thread falls under, which I am guilty of my self, therefore placing their thread again in "General Discussion".

Here is my opinion on what you should do instead of flat out deleting general discussion. First rename General Discussion to Members Discussion or something similar, so that every passerby that has a question to ask doesn't just throw it in general chat. Maybe include a random section for those threads that people don't know where to put them, that you can look over and place later. Second, consolidate your threads in to categories and sub categories such as Handguns and under handguns would be 1911s, glocks and general handguns, Rifles Center fire, Rim fire, and Technical information would include, reloading, and ballistics. For the constitutional section and politically incorrect sections these can be consolidated as well under a political tab. you get where im going with this don't ya?

Just saying you can solve alot of the forums clutter problems with consolidation, streaming ease of use and user friendliness. If you would like i can go in to great detail on how to layout the forum.
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

No offense Tony, but this is one of the problems the mods face.

Don't start a new thread when you should have added your post to an existing one.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

We're already ahead of you, Tony. The first step in the changes to which Shooter45 refers is to change the name of this forum to OFF TOPIC. You will see that the change has now been made.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

perhaps, but I fear change... I mean, thats why i didnt vote for obozo:D
  5. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

I still think the forum could use alittle consolidation.