General George S. Patton was assassinated?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by the morning light, Dec 10, 2009.

1. the morning light

the morning light Member

2. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I found that to be interesting even if i ain't a military war buff.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Hmm... Interesting. It kind of reminds me of E. Howard Hunt's 2007 deathbed confession about LBJ being the mastermind behind the Kennedy assassination. But we will never really know for sure.
  4. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Wrote a paper on Patton once. There are a number of people who think he was assassinated to prevent him from running for President. His attitudes toward many other nations (especially the Soviet Union) would have surely changed the face of history, but I'm not sure for better or worse.
  5. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I think the same two guys that were on the grassy knoll were the culprits. Surely it is a world wide conspiracy to over throw the free world.:D
  6. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Who knows? All I know for sure is that he was a prima donna.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Patton, on many ocassions advised the President that we should take Russia imeaditely after the war. Many people feared him, so I don't find this to hard to believe.
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Yes they were the ones, another conspiracy that can't be proven one way or the other.:rolleyes:
  9. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

Good subjects.....

There is a bar/steak house near me, between Dallas and Fort Worth...in one of the metroplex cities...where I drank and played music , during 80's...when I wasnt traveling...the cook there "Jerry"...was one of Pattons last cooks..if not the last...and showed us always pics and stuff toprove that...anyway....

His take always was that...was an accident by most there..but no one ca nbe sure what happened the several days he lay out...with the broken kneck...there was only suspisions year safter the incident , he said...

One of my favorite stories...listening to Bob Hope interview years ago...was touring large bldg he had with reporter..that he stored momento's and awards and pics etc...you can imagine how much he had....well, he said here is one of my most prized posessions...was an 8 x 10 of Patton
    urinating in rhine river and giving thumbs up with free hand and autographed to Hope.....always remembered that....and Pattons quote to forward scouts who requested instructions..." go up ahead until some bastards start shooting at you.."......LOL
  10. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Compare this with the orders (ROE) our troops in Afghanistan have been given. We need another Paton. Whatever came of Gen. Swartscoff?