General P-220 Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jpmccr, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jpmccr

jpmccr Member

I was going through my gun list and I came across an email I received from Sig Sauer. I had asked a question about upgrading my grips and they said the newer grips should fit mine. They also said that they had made some changes/upgrades to the 220. They changed the mainspring, mainspring seat, hammer strut, and the hammer itself.

Now, my 220 fires fine and functions perfectly. The question is should I have the upgrades installed? I have always been in the mindset that if it isn't broke don't fix it. Would I notice any difference in the pistol after the changes were made?

As always: comments and/or advice is greatly appreciated. ;)
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

You said it: "if it ain't broke then don't fix it".

Sig changed the P220 guns somewhat since the first ones over 25 years ago, mostly to reduce costs. Then gun has no problems areas that I have found (I have a P220 in 45ACP and a P225 in 9mm). Both work perfectly, are accurate and are reliable."Updating" makes no sense to me when the gun is a good as these older Sigs are.

LDBennett
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Until I have a "reason" to change something, my SIGs are staying the way they are.
  4. jpmccr

jpmccr Member

Thanks for the advice. I think I will leave it as is for now. So unless something breaks (doubtful) then since it has to be repaired, maybe then I will have it updated.