Gerber question

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/3/02 9:53:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Gerber question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    years ago I had a Gerber folder that had the interchangable blades. The extra blade stored in the sheath.

Recently I picked up a new Gerber Gator (great knife) and I asked the salesman for one like I used to have with the interchangable blade. he said Gerber does not make it and he had never heard of it. Can anyone help me out on this??
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 5:54:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Gerber question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Watch your fingers on that Gator, one of the worst for lock failure. LTS

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/4/02 2:50:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Gerber question
    Thanks for the heads up LTS. I had never heard that or seen that before. I will keep an eye on it.

They got to be the most comfortable knife I have held.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 3:22:44 pm)
    A sharp small rap to the back of the blade on a hard surface will tell you if the lock is working right. If it closes, ditch it. When pressure is applied at any angle other than straight on, it could fail. This is the number one knife to do this, as a matter of fact.....most all Gerbers are that way. Keep your fingers. LTS

Crpdeth
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/12/02 4:18:25 pm)
    Thats new to me as well, I'll have to check out the new one I just bought dad. Thanks LTS

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/13/02 12:50:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Gerber question
    Hadda Gerber once.....
    Charlie D*

* Thats why I type with my nose these days......

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/13/02 12:55:55 pm)
    LOL Charlie

Silver72
    (11/15/02 5:09:15 pm)
    Maybe it was a Buck "Selector" folding knife. They discontinued it because to many were being returned for repair. I have had one for years and only use the bone saw blade. I have looked high and low for another, but no luck.