German 22 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Big ugly, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

As I posted in my other thread in the General Discussion I traded for this gun. So now the question is What is it worth? Mind you I am not selling it just would like to know.

Attached Files:

2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Big ugly,

You have a Mauser model DSM34 "Deutshes Sportmodell" Light weight trainer side sling, no bayonet lug.

Condition is pretty good, say 70% or better. I am thinking $300-$400. Unless the plaque on the side of the stock would happen to add value. It apears to say something about an event or festival in 1937, and of course refers to A. Hitler with the word "Hitlerjugend" Perhaps it was a gift or prize given at this festval/event. Could add value, don't know....

What I do know is check the bolt and see if the fireing pin is in the center of the bolt face. If it is, the bore of the barrel, if you look closely is not on the same centerline as the bolt. It is off set enought to allow the centererd firing pin to strike the rim of the cartridge. This design is also allows the mauser type extractor, much like the centerfire actions, as unlike most rimfire actions the front of the bolt rotates with the rest of the bolt when it is operated. Most rimfire actions the bolt head is nonrotating.

Neat rifle,

Regards, Kirk
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

By the way the Town is Ludwigshafen, Germany. Bannsportfest is the name of the event, held for "Hitlerjugend", the Hitler Youth. Then of course the date. The next line is an abreviation for the word gestalded, meaning sponcered or put on by the Oberbergermiester, or mayor of Ludwigshafen on the Rhine.

So there you have it. This rifle was used in an event held for the Hitler youth. Sponcered by local government, just before WW2 began, in Ludwigshafen Germany on June 27th of 1937.

I would think this should add some value.....
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I am an ardent collector of these rifles, and yours is exceptional because of the plaque. The value is around $1500, possibly more.
  5. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Yup I thought so,:eek:

After thinking about this I knew I was all wet with my first post! Thanks wonderwhippet!:)

Regards, Kirk
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I say $800 worth of artillary for that little 22 was worth the trade. I apreciate the info all you fellers was able to help out on. Thaks a ton guys really, you have been a big help.