GERMAN COLLECTION WWII

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by monch04, Nov 8, 2012.

1. monch04

monch04 New Member

Dear firends:

My father left me his German Collection ww2 MAUSERS AND LUGERS im in the process of change the collector licence in order to be able to sell all of some of them but i have my doubts about how much to ask for it. it would be great if you guys could give me some help. thank you.

here are the links to:
    www.holsterscollectionww2.blogspot.com
    www.gmcww2.blogspot.mx

bets regards

Ramon
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Some nice pieces there - some of them are worth quite a bit. I suggest you contact one of the main auction houses that deal with firearms and talk with them.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

"Nice pieces... worth quite a bit."

Now there is a man given to understatement. A flatside, a red nine and a large ring carbine, and that is just the Mausers. Some very nice Lugers, including one with the conversion unit. The Mauser carbine should bring over 15k even with the foreend missing.

And most of the variants of Luger holsters (number 8, I think, is a Bergman Bayard holster, probably Danish), some worth into four figures.

Certainly those guns require a detailed inspection by a knowledgeable person in order to ensure that they bring maximum value. Well beyond any evaluation you can get on a web site.

Jim
  4. Detroit-1

Detroit-1 Member

Are you sure your father left them to you just so you could sell them?
  5. monch04

monch04 New Member

thanks for the advise sr
  6. monch04

monch04 New Member

Yes since kid i never got too deep on it , just appreciated the history and beauty of the items, and when i moved out , i forgot about the items, until my mother remind me and we start with the process of regularization. i'll keep if i could them but unfortunately in mexico everything is too complicated.