The Firearms Forum banner

German Drilling ??

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  QQQQ Racing 
#1 ·
I have what I believe to be a German Drilling gun and am curious about it's value.

On top of the barrels is engraved "Inman Meffert in Suhl"

The barrels are stamped "Hubertus Drilling"

One side of the barrels has 16x65 stamped on them and the other side says 9.3x72

On the left side of the break release is engraved "Hubertus Gewerk" and on the right side is "D.K.G.M. 32900"

Any ideas and thanks.

#2 ·
Is it, in fact, a three-barreled gun? Your question makes it sound like 2 - a 16 gauge, 2 1/2" shell shotgun barrel and a 9.3x72mm rifle barrel.

#5 ·
Hubertus was "Tradename of Inman, Meffert Gewehrfabrik, Suhl, ms, Germany on sporting arms, c.1839-1945"

16 65 is16 gauge 65mm long (which is 2 1/2")

Really need more info. What does it say on the water table?

#6 ·
I have what I believe to be a German Drilling gun and am curious about it's value.

On top of the barrels is engraved "Inman Meffert in Suhl"

The barrels are stamped "Hubertus Drilling"

One side of the barrels has 16x65 stamped on them and the other side says 9.3x72

On the left side of the break release is engraved "Hubertus Gewerk" and on the right side is "D.K.G.M. 32900"

Any ideas and thanks.
Sure that's KGM? Not, maybe, KmG?

#7 ·
All three barrels have thre proof marks with a "U" underneath them. Eack barrel is stamped with an "S" where you say the year code is.also on each shotgun barrel is
"29 Sch.PNA
27. gBI"

one shotgun barrel has a "EXCELSIOR" stamp

the rifle barrel has

"WFEHRINGER
ZELLA-MEHLIS" stamped on it a what I presume to the the serial # 26776

I double checked and it's definately DKG. M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.