The Firearms Forum banner

German Quality At Its Best

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  reinhard 
#1 ·
:) Its Great To Be A Member,and get a compliment on your feet.LOL.Heres a Few of my German goodies........................................Danny

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
And here are just several more.I also have all the correct mags and leather for these.I may start to sell in a few years.Does anyone want to be put on the waiting list?
Best Wishes:
Danny :rolleyes:

Attachments

#3 ·
Geez Danny. Why don'tcha start collecting Kraut guns! :D

That's a really nice collection. Wish I had just a few of 'em.

I've always had a love/hate feeling about P08s........sorta like collecting British cars (especially Jaguars).....total pieces of s***, but beautiful and impossible to resist! :D

#4 ·
Yes I,m like you in away.I really like my Walthers better.The Luger is nice looking but is a very dangerous pistol to carry,as the safety bar can jar itself down and it does not take much pressure to set the sear off.Remember Band of Brothers?I,m sure its happened alot.Thanks for the compliment.
Kind Regards
Danny :)

#6 ·
Thank you very much Moss. ;) Danny

#7 ·
Danny, if the Sauer M-38, or the HSC ever should displease you, I'd seriously consider adopting your dis-inherited children!
The pre war Sauer is especially interesting, out of design; the Mauser, because most that came here were in 9mmK.
Share your knowledge with the list, of the design and features of the Sauer, all will appreciate, I'm sure!
Nice collection, all! Terry

#9 ·
Hi Guys:
Thank all of you for the response to my collection and I'm sorry the pics are so big,but I'm new here.I belong to a bunch of forums and they all have different formats for posting pics.Soon I hope I will learn the correct procedure.
Heres the run down on the handguns.The 2 pps are a 1936 and 1938 22cal.The ppk,s are in order as follows 1932 boxed,1933,1934 RZM and the last is a 1935.The pic with the 1943 BYF P38 has a 1940 JP Sauer 38H.This is one of the first police and E/N proofed handguns.The HSc is around 1943 production.The Lugers are a 1941BYF pictured with a 1920 30cal shooter.The artillery is mated in the pic with my prized 1906 1st issue altered Navy.The other two with the grip safetys are 1906 American Eagles in both 30 and 9mm cal.
I have all the matching mags and leather for these,except the AE,s.As I stated somewhere,maybe in the future I will start to sell off part of my collection.I'm going to leave my son the boxed PPK and thats all as he does not respect the historical value of these items and if he needed some extra cash I'm afraid they would end up in a pawn shop or sold to cheap.Anyway thanks a whole lot.From the threads I've read here on the forum all of you seem like real nice gentlemen and look forward to discuss any topic with.
Kind Regards
Danny :)

G
#15 ·
....though it's just too bad they never fought on a side that actually WON a war...:cool: :D ;) :p
Now Polish, the intrinsic quality of the firearms Germany produced had very little to do with winning or losing the World Wars. One might easily argue as well that unless their firearms were truly world class, how could Germany (a nation of roughly 65 million people) have survived as long as it did fighting the combined forces of Britain, France, the United States and Russia? I mean, after all, the Russians were on the winning side and all they had to use were Mosin Nagants! :D ;) :p

#16 ·
You have a very nice collection of WW 2 German pistols.

I sold all of my Walthers many years ago but 2 - PP & PPK, both 9mmK bottom mag release. Used to have about 15 or 20 but they got in the way of my growing P.38 collection and had to go. Only so much wall space

All I see I want is the Flieger/Fallschirmjäger Messer.

Here is a photo of my "best" P.38, a 30 Luger single action from the vet in 1968.
Sarge

Attachments

#21 ·
Some of that "German craftsmanship" hurt them in WWII. Almost up to the very end they stuck with the system of parts inspection and marking, pre-assembly, fitting and parts numbering, all methods of an earlier day. Who knows how many millions of man hours went into stamping microscopic inspector's marks on tiny parts or into assemblers marking each part to match the serial number. The whole thing was so completely absurd because their tooling, some of the best in the world, really did produce fully interchangeable parts, which still had to be inspected, marked, hand assembled, numbered, disassembled, finished, then reassembled because the 18th century rules said to do it that way.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.