Gerrymandering

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Nov 7, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

OK, I admit, I don't read the newspaper. I pay more attention to national and world news and get that from TV and the internet. I've learned my lesson. I had heard something not long ago about redistricting but paid no attention.

So yesterday I head for the polls to not only help give Obama the boot, but also my very liberal congresswoman, Betty Sutton. Surprise surprise, she and her opponent weren't even on the ballot. No, now it seems I have a different congresswoman from Cleveland (about 45 miles away). Now, 45 miles may not seem like a great distance to many of you but here in NE Ohio it might as well be another world. What goes on in Cleveland generally has little to do with Akron. So now I have this representative whom I've never heard of before. A liberal democrat, who was on the ballet, but running unopposed.

The strategy of this redistricting is unmistakable. Shuffle things around prior to an election to prevent constituents in a new district from finding a suitable opponent for an incumbent.

This is just another example of how conservatives are being disenfranchised across the country. The democrat politicians are making up the rules as they go and the republicans are catering to them or caving in to their proposals as a bargaining chip in some other deal. I know the word "disenfranchised" is only politically correct when discussing some perceived injury to a minority; well, those of us who are conservative ARE a minority.

We have lost control of the republic and I seriously doubt we will ever get it back. Just my opinion.
  2. Twicepop

Twicepop Active Member

This happens because the Republicans have no brains and no balls. They get behind social causes that do nothing, except to create division amongst their constituants, thay also do NOTHING when faced with facts about fraud and cheating during elections, and give into the Democrats on everything they demand. You're absolutely right about the loss of our republic, the country we grew up in no longer exists. Soon we conservatives will be likely be what the White Russians were to the Communists.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We're already labeled as domestic terrorist! And everyone know that all the problems America has, has been caused by the white man!
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Yea, I get so confused and irritated. I have never been comfortable with the gerrymandering process that establishes our congressional districts. But yesterday we had Issue #2 on the ballet which proposed a different way to do it. I didn't really understand the new proposal and all the ramifications that it presented. But I found that the unions and the people I most often disagree with were supporting it. So in my less than informed position I voted against Issue #2 which still leaves the gerrymandering that I don't like either in effect. Just a confused old man that doesn't like what is going on and doesn't like the options to change it. ????????
  5. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

this happens every ten years after the national census at least on the federal level I think the sate level too.