Get it all out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishermanben, Jan 12, 2005.

1. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

I'm one of the new members, and I am very thankful for the warm welcomes. What I like about forums is learning bits and pieces about individuals over time, until you develope a fairly accurate image of who the person really is. Now Brian has a point in his thread about namecalling and bickering becoming the norm. I think that could be inherent to accumulating a larger more diverse group of members.

What are the major changes (if any) that you have observed since the exodus? Do any of you fear that you are losing something? Do you think that so many new members could have unintended effects?

Don't mince words. Get it all out!!!

Respectfully,

Ben
  2. gagirl

gagirl New Member

Ditto Ben... I like both of them... just wish there was an archery area here
  3. Mr. Blasty

Mr. Blasty New Member

I do prefer GB because of its faster pace, but it is nice to have a back up forum or an alternative. When GB gets back up and running I'm gonna do my best to actively post on this forum.
  4. Winchester73

Winchester73 New Member

I see this place as a better alternative for actually looking for information etc, a little less appealing for just hangin' out ;)
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Ben, there have been a number of times that there has been an exodus from other forums, where some of the members end up here. Upon arriving here, some are not happy with this site, and want to “change” it to resemble where they came from. Others feel at ease from the get go.

We loose nothing, with the influx of new members, we only gain from it. The ones that recognize, and accept TFF for what it is, will stick around and ADD to the overall experience here. The ones that are not happy will eventually leave.
  6. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D i wasnt a part of the exodus, so........ :confused: why am i posting in this thread?? :confused: :D
  7. gbeggrow

gbeggrow New Member

Below are my comments from the "how long will it be" post.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=21391

I suppose it fits in well over here too.

-------

I've not spent enough time here yet to make a full determination. To be honest I really don't care what one is best. I have a love and interest in firearms and their history and places like TFF and GB have some serious educational value for my curiosity. I've learned quite a lot in the time I've spent on GB and I hope to learn more here on TFF. I'll spend time on both and I'm glad fishermanDUDE pointed me in this direction as TWO places to go is better than ONE in my opinion. I'll say this though.....no matter where you go in life, work, church, college, the mall, a party.....heck anyplace, you'll soon learn that there's an A-hole in every crowd. They're EVERYWHERE! When I was a younger fella I used to let people get to me and worried too much about what others thought....now days I could care less. Lifes too short to worry about stuff like that (especially on a forum). I'm just glad as heck to have both places now. The more the better!
  8. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

I did not post much on the other site as it bored me. Don :D
  9. mauser_central

mauser_central New Member

come listen to a story bout' a forum called .....

no really let me share an experiance i had on another forum with you guys. maybe it will help some of you/us appriciate tff more .

Before i registered at brand x i was a member at Rimfire central RFC, Good people good forum and with its faults just as every forum has . It had roots/members in another forum called marlin talk [ hosted by marlin firearms] . Marlin pulled the plug on marlin talk and the members from there started migrating to rfc, there was a few ''welcome aboards'' and ''glad your here'' posts but they didnt last long and then there were more '' get your own forum'' and '' you guys are destroying rfc '' posts. it was chaos at its finest. two forums with great people and the same intrests bitching and fighting over minute b/s. eventually the members of rfc ended up making damn near all the marlin guys feel so un welcome they all left. It was rfc's loss and they realized it after it was to late.

what im trying to say is tff has been nothing but kind to us orphans, they've welcomed us , allowed us to discuss our problems at brandx, they've made us/me feel at home. I even observed 1 tff moderator host a movie file on his own server to help out a brandx member that had complained his post was removed. hows that for generocity? you dont find people this nice everyday. No this aint brandx and brandx aint tff, but dont be tryin to show your ass or push the tff'ers around they have been very good to us and they didnt have to be. if you got a problem with tff deal with it or leave they like it the way it is and just who are we to come into thier HOUSE and start bitching n whining about what we dont like about it? i for one am greatful for the hospitality they have shown us. thank you all !
  10. drobs

drobs New Member

I think most of us posers, I mean posters, like each other or like to dislike each other. You will see us together no matter what the forum is called.
    This just happens to be the place.

I guess we could go somewhere else if we're not welcome here.
  11. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:) thanks mauser! :)

the more the merrier! :D

& who is it that says gun owners are not respectable citizens?! :rolleyes: the liberal elite could learn alot from the likes of us. :D
  12. Fep1990

Fep1990 New Member

The change I see if the other place since over the last few years is that most of the members I enjoyed reading were polite, even when disagreeing. We had alot ofmembers of an older generation than myself, who had alot of information to give us youngsters. The was no flaming, but alot of good natured stirring. I still enjoy the otehr place when it is up, but have found myself feeling alot more 'at home' here. The folks I always looked for in reading the posts, are mostly over here...some are at both. It seems like there has been a major influx of very young (at not so young) immature folks over there who just really seem to strive to cause friction with others. Just MHO.
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I did not migrate over, but did come in fairly soon after the start. I have found that the mods here are quite fair and we do talk things out in our own baliwick when there is a question on what is appropriate. Right now, we seem to be doing more back door mailing than poofing. I think that is the right way to set the tone we want. You must remember that my 11yo granddaughter is a reader of this GD and I am not the only one with a tender minor looking in. I don't let her get into the Pumphouse.

Pops