getting gun permit in MA while going to school in PA

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by as81285, Aug 8, 2010.

  1. as81285

    as81285 New Member

    Aug 8, 2010
    hey whats going on everyone, im trying to get some advice on the situation im in.. I am a MA resident but i go to school down in philadelphia.. this past year ive had a few event take place that has pushed me to want a gun for self defense. The easiest way would definately change residency since PA gun laws are a lot better then MA, however, if i change residency my car insurance is going to sky rocket.. so my question is: is it legal to go to MA apply for FID and Class A permit and then afterwards apply for non resident LTC in PA? havent really gotten a straight answer from police and mixed answers from others...
  2. Eddie N

    Eddie N New Member

    Apr 23, 2009
    Welcome aboard, as81285.
    I've found this site useful when I wanted to know something:
    You should be able to find your answer there.

  3. belercous

    belercous Former Guest

    Aug 7, 2009
    as81285; I'm a resident of Illinois. I have a valid C.C. permit issued from Pa. Good in 26 states. I have never been to Pa. Cost me $26.00, good for 5 years. There are some stipulations, and you might want to get a Pa. address to simplify things. Centre County, Pa. did me some justice. Check it out.
  4. Terry_P

    Terry_P New Member

    Mar 23, 2008
    When I got my PA permit I sent in a copy of my NH resident permit. Your idea of getting a Mass permit and then a PA permit should serve you well. The only hang up I can see is bringing your firearm on a campus so I would be careful how you answer your questions. Don't lie as that is perjury.

    Just a point of info for you. There are 4 states (CO, FL, MI, NH) covered by reciprocity from the PA permit that accept out of state permits only if you are a resident of that state . Not sure if you are unaware or forgot but it could get uncomfortable for you if you travel to one of those states and get caught carrying.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  5. belercous

    belercous Former Guest

    Aug 7, 2009
    Terry; Thanks, I did not know that. I'll have to look into it, I just looked at the reciprocity of other state to PA. I did not read the fine print.
  6. Terry_P

    Terry_P New Member

    Mar 23, 2008
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Congres finally getting something right Sep 28, 2016
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Getting close to Constitutional Law in Oklahoma. Apr 6, 2016
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Getting Social Security? Looks Like bHo Wants Your Guns. Jul 19, 2015
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Getting a CCW in OC, CA Jun 8, 2014
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Getting guns back Jan 25, 2013