getting ready to load some pistol.. have been doing rifle...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

They are no more practical than an Indy car is for going to the supermarket. They have one use, and one use only - gun games.
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i got some h110 and h4227 on order suposedly.. should be here along with some primers and universal I wanted.

the 110 or 4227 should cover me for the 30 carbine.

race gun.. interesting... looks spendy! :)
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Never needed to trip straight walled brass ever.

When you size the brass what ever has expanded forward is pushed back in place by the loading dies.
  4. soundguy

good to know..
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I just got back form my local shop with a can of H110 and a can of CFE-223. Seems like every time I buy a can it goes up a dollar, $23 a can for these. I think I will save a little longer and buy powder in the 4 or 8 pound cans to save a little (in the long run).

soundguy, the powder you ordered should do for the .30 just fine. What are you having to pay for a can?
  6. soundguy

don't have the rcpt with me.. but think I paid about 24$ per can.

the tightgroup and autocomp I got previously was 21 and 23.

primers 30$ per 1000 except now and then if I buy a couple boxes I'll get a dollar a box off.

if I order 100$ of stuff AND i let the guy do a regular order and not a special order.( he orders a couple times a month.. ). he don't charge me shipping... thus I can't do better at midway..e tc.. due to charge on primers and powder....

I may start buying imr4064 in larger cans from now on.. I use it the most.. and it seems to be edging up a buck every couple months ..
  7. soundguy

i picked up an alliant powder booklet the other day.

never tried it anyone use it?

what about relaoder? guys's got an ok stock of alliant and relaoder.
  8. gdmoody

I don't even try to order powder or primers online. The prices may be much better BUT then you have to pay that hazmat fee and shipping. Every once in a while, Grafs will have a hazmat sale and pay it for you. Usually when that happens, I don't have the money to order. That is just the way it is sometimes!!
  9. gdmoody

When I first started reloading, Bullseye and Unique were all I ever used. Both are good powders and can be used in a lot of pistol rounds. Bullseye is easy to double charge because it take so little per round.
  10. soundguy

when I get into more pistol ( just getting my feet wet now.. been doing rifle only so far ).. I'll have to look those up and give em a fair try.

thanks
  11. soundguy

yep.. only whan I have palced a BIG order and I'm going to get free shipping will i try to get stuff liek that with fee's online.

being able to get primer for 3cents each locally ain't bad.

What I want to try are tule primers. i saw some at a show a while back.. 20$ for 1000 ? wow I thought.

didn't have much spare cash.. and didn't want to buy into something that may not fire every round.. but I've heard fairly ok stuff about them.. at least not any dangerous stuff.

might be worth giving a try I guess.