Getting the hell of of dodge. (CA)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marlin795, Jan 23, 2012.

1. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I'm running away from this state, the laws are ridiculous, taxes are insane and now their this close to banning all assault rifles with a pistol grip,bullet button, and a non fixed magazine. :mad:
    I literally can't get anything in CA now. Anyone one have a extra room I can rent out of this state. :eek:

:D
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

Come on down to mizzippi
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Congratulations for thinking about getting out of Ca., its your first step to leaving. I lived there for 7 years back in the 80-90s. When I left, it was one of the happiest days of my life. I have no desire to ever go back there again.
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Kansas is a big difference from California. I went there once with my dad to the town he was born and raised (Pawnee Rock KS).......flat,flat,flat country. I have a few family members (step-sisters) in the Wichita area right now. I have been to CA once too when I was little.....smog, big buildings, and traffic is all I remember.
  5. medalguy

medalguy Member

Texas is free. You can buy anything you want, mags as big as the whole great outdoors.
  6. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

I'm thinking of going to Texas where my family is but I hear Texas is going liberal insane as well. I hear new Mexico is pretty awesome these days.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Plenty of room here in TX still, despite the overflow of illegals from old mexico. For the most part they just make the food better anyway.. ;)
  8. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Come out to Oklahoma, the ONLY STATE where not ONE single county carried obummer in 2008. I think he knows better than to step foot here in the SOONER STATE.
  9. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Hey Marlin My kids have all left so I got a room or two for ya, but you'll need to bring your own gun safe's cause we're all full up here. Then together we can give A.L. all kinds of crap.:D
  10. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

If I move anywhere near you can you point out a good job and a good range. ;)
  11. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Might consider it. :p
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Stay away from Warshington.

Ya can thank me later.
  13. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I have friends here in Alaska that were from Northern Calif, way up in the mnts and they claimed it was as conservative & free there as anywheres in Alaska.

We deal with some awful cold for about 3 months every winter, but ya know you only get more freedom where there's less people. Even my kids who are now in college already know they will never leave Alaska. No state sales or income tax, no prop taxes at all in many places, no organized local govt or regulations, comp planning, ordinances, and most importantly no law enforcement in most rural areas. When you live in a state that has hundreds of years worth of resource reserves, low population, miles of mnts & open uninhabited country; you have peace of mind from many things that really grated me before moving to Alaska; and you find many people with like minds as yourself;;;; just gotta like good winters.

Whatever, move to somewheres with more freedom, good for the soul.
  14. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

I'm in nor cal about 2 hours from Oregon and 10 min from the ocean and it's liberal/hippy hell.
  15. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

once you leave you will say to yourself " why the hell didn't I move sooner". Seriously that alsaka stuff sounds awesome. A good winter builds character. My advise would be to buy a parcel of land and build your self a little home or get a mobile home. Man I can't tell you how good it is to shoot on your own land and no one can say boo about it!