Gevarm Carabine .22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by AustinPowersIII, Sep 12, 2006.

1. AustinPowersIII

AustinPowersIII New Member

Greetings,

I have come across another Gevarm .22, but this one is a carabine model. It is also a semi-auto w/8 round clip. It is stamped stamped Carabine, LR semi-automatique.

Was wondering if it was would be worth the same as the Gevarm E1 model? (see my previous post on the Gevarm E1). Perhaps another blue book value can be obtained (that was very helpful Xracer!) :)

Thanks in advance!
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Austin.....I don't find a Gevarm Carbine listed in either the Blue Book or The Standard Catalog of Firearms.

However, if it's similar to the E1, I'd guess the value would be about the same.
  3. AustinPowersIII

AustinPowersIII New Member

Thanks Xracer... Yes, I beleive it is similiar and therefore would command the same net worth.

I came across a local area gun shop ad that had one listed for $299.00. Taking into account the markup and the fact that he had it listed as 'in excellent shape', I think that is right around the blue book value you indicated.

Thanks again!
  4. Gevarmfan

Gevarmfan New Member

Don't worry about the price of Gevarm 22's If you like rabbits for the pot they work fine. Pigeons from the country are also an easy shot with Gevarms!
  5. FloridaFialaFan

FloridaFialaFan New Member

Collectors Firearms has an A3 for sale on their site as of 12-9-10 for almost $600.

I paid almost $500 for this like new A3 below through a Greg Martin auction in Vegas this past January, topped by a Redfield 4X on Weaver tip-off mounts. still had all five front sight inserts in their storage well in the butt of the pistol grip.

[​IMG]

Forgot to mention that EVERY Gevarm I've ever seen was stamped in French with that Carabine, etc., etc..

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  6. pauljbrennan

pauljbrennan New Member

How can you tell the difference between the A3 and A7 ?

Also, any ideas if the magazines sold at gunclips.net fit ok ?
  7. FloridaFialaFan

FloridaFialaFan New Member

pauljbrennan, they're very similar. Both fire on the CLOSED bolt, both have the mauser-type rear sight and tunnel-type front sight with extra inserts. Both have the inserts in a capped storage well in the butt of the their pistol grips.

The A7 was their "flagship" and cost a few bucks more than the A3, plus it had a couple more sight inserts. Plus it had more checkering, etc..

Here's a pic of my A7, as compared to my A3 in the previous post.

[​IMG]

ONLY the E1 takedown carbine would accomodate the 20-rd magazine, while the other 3 North American models for import used ONLY the 8-rd mag.

I have no experience with ANY of the aftermarket magazines. My guns all have original Gevarm mags. Sorry I can't advise you on those.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011