Ghost Blind

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by questor, Dec 4, 2009.

1. questor

questor Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Slickville, Pa
  2. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I saw one of the first modles used on TV a while back, but it was a square blind. This thing would really work! The price isn't to bad either, starting at $189, and $289. A ground blind is what I usually use anyway, and I just might have me one of these for next season.

3. mncarpenter

mncarpenter Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Minnesota
    Mylar blinds been around for a long time, pretty effective for field hunting. you could buy some Mylar sheet material and make your own. Water blinds tend to shoot reflections and flare birds, if you're a duck hunter.

4. zkovach

zkovach Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Michigan
    i could see a big buck in the rut seeing himself and charging that thing.

5. questor

questor Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Slickville, Pa

:)

6. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Maryville, TN
    :D
    :D A new sport!

7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I thought about building my own, and the thought occured to me that a buck might see himself in the thing and charge it! After I went back and looked at the way these things are designed I discovered that they tilt out at the top. Because of this little addition what you see is the ground right in front of the blind. You, or a deer, would have to be right up to the blind to see yourself in it. In one of the videos the guys wife was fixing her hair by using the reflective surface of the blind, and she was in front of it squatted down.