1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Gibb's Quest II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ARB, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

I have been trying to find one of these suckers for along time. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I would like as much information and personal opinions about them. I believe they are also called a survival rifle. It has nickleplating and comes in a .308. Again, please point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.
  2. azsigman

azsigman New Member

I bought one a few years back. The first one jammed the casing in the chamber after firing and the bolt had to be hammered back to get the shell to eject. I returned it. The second one they sent misfired most of the time and when it did go off, the casing would jam again. The third one they sent also was really tough to eject the casing but, sort of, worked. My son in law REALLY wanted it so I sold it to him.
    Finally, he tired of the ejection problem and I took it to a gunsmith friend of mine for repair.
    His diagnosis was that he should NEVER shoot sporting ammo in it. Only military stuff. That was if he felt he had to shoot it at all. The smith said, if it was him, he wouldn't shoot the damned thing at all.
    So, I think it is a wall hanger for my SIL.
    Great idea. Shitty rifle. Your call.....................
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

This is a bummer. I, of course was hoping to hear the exact opposite. Live and learn, I suppose.