1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

gifs to pdfs

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/8/01 9:47:12 pm)
    | Edit | Del All gifs to pdfs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know a way to change a gif file into an adobe pdf file? Or is there a way to rotate a gif file using windows. Or what would even be helpful would be to turn a gif file into text.

Tlynn what did you use? I'm getting around to them cd's finally.

Thanks all.
    Why is simplification a longer word than complexity?

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/8/01 9:50:42 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: gifs to pdfs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flhunter - I have programs on my computer that I can work with - picture programs - which makes it possible to rotate the picture - or in this case the text. I can then tell them to "save as" and change it to a txt file or Word or whatever.

Does any of this make sense?

I'm not sure about putting something into an Adobe file - though I do have Adobe print shop - just never really used it.

gpostal
    (11/8/01 10:01:32 pm)
    fl you cant turn a gif file into a text file ,at least a readable text ,you can turn it into a html text but that is not what you are wanting

if you don't have a program such as tlynns adobe photo deluxe ,widows paint shop will do it is in accessories or system tools ,depending on what version of windows you have it will limit the things you can to

if you want email me the gif and explain what it is you want to do , but remember gif files are usually animated and if you manipulate them you loose the animation

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/8/01 10:01:53 pm)
    Yes it does thanks!!! I have figured out the gif to text part..well sorta..I found a way to print it. I was getting dizzy trying to read the text with my head bent at 90 degrees.

I'll do a search for some free ware that will allow me to rotate the text. Or better yet I'll check out the software that came with my digital camera. Thanks for the ideas !!!!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/8/01 10:03:08 pm)
    Thanks gp...we were typing at the same time and you posted before I did.

Why is simplification a longer word than complexity?

TallTLynn
    (11/8/01 10:14:42 pm)
    Flhunter - the software that comes with your digital camera should be able to rotate text or gifs or whatever.

Every program I've seen has the capability somewhere - it's just a matter of finding it.