gifting.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by dbrown1997, Oct 5, 2011.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Sorry, but this entire situation smells like poo to me. A 14 year old with a FOID card? Why would they even issue a card to a person that can't legally buy firearms or ammo? I think IL is much more hardcore than that with their funky firearms regulations.
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I could be wrong about what was told to me (or should i say he was wrong) getting a foid card in IL will only take 30 days or less.
    dbrown1997 Hunter is right after looking over your posts I can see that you have changed your story more then one time.Now I am not saying that you are lying but I think you may not have the hole story right.
    The bottem line is YOU ARE NOT ALOWED TO OWN A GUN IN YOUR STATE INTILL YOU ARE 18! NO WAY! NO HOW!
    Even if you are gifted a gun, given a gun, found a gun,You can not get around it!!!!
    So is your father going to let you have a gun. NO!!!! because he is NOT alowed to have a gun with out the foid card and the only way for you to "have" a gun is if it is in your fathers name.And he is responsible leagaly for ANY actions that you do regarding this matter.
    As for your father knowing about you being on TFF I have my doubts.
    But I could be wrong( it would not be the first or the last time) So have him log on so we can talk to him to see if there is anything we can do to help you.
    WITH HIS OK.
    Are posting from school at 8:15 AM
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  3. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

goofy, i have noticed he's posting in the eveing also, so maybe from his home computer also? or a friends?

personally, I dont care if his dad knows, would rather he did know, but if not would rather have him asking questions here instead of elsewhere! at least I know we will not steer him wrong!
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And now, unfortunately, since your dads has expired and you are only 14, your FOID isnt worth the paper its printed on.. If you get caught with a firearms of any type your father could face criminal sharges and you both will probably end up losing your 2nd ammendment rights altogether.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

My guess is his parent have seen fit to allow him a smartphone and hes posting with it while hes at school. Those fancy apple Iphones have sweet internet. Dang things are faster than my desktop.
  6. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

JLA Yes you are right I do not even think about those fancy things. I have enough trouble with the big box.I agree with your post in this young mans other thread. There is something not right here.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I say we give him a little more slack.

If ya look at his initial inquiry:

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?p=802276#post802276

You'll see he effectively deleted a couple posts after he was informed about the consequences.

Then he started this thread.

To me, it seems like he's trying to do anything he can to figure out what he wants to hear, and he's not getting the answers he wants.

The truth will set your free, but 1st it will piss you off. I think he's now understanding the truth that the members here have put forth.

From the ISP website:

Illinois law (720 ILCS 5/24-9) states "(a) Except as provided in subsection (c), it is unlawful for any person to store or leave, within premises under his or her control, a firearm if the person knows or has reason to believe that a minor under the age of 14 years who does not have a Firearm Owners Identification Card is likely to gain access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the minor's parent, guardian, or person having charge of the minor, and the minor causes death or great bodily harm with the firearm, unless the firearm is:
    (1) secured by a device or mechanism, other than the firearm safety, designed to render a firearm temporarily inoperable; or
    (2) placed in a securely locked box or container; or
    (3) placed in some other location that a reasonable person would believe to be secure from a minor under the age of 14 years.
    (b) Sentence. A person who violates this Section is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor and shall be fined not less than $1,000. A second or subsequent violation of this Section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (c) Subsection (a) does not apply:
    (1) if the minor under 14 years of age gains access to a firearm and uses it in a lawful act of self-defense or defense of another; or
    (2) to any firearm obtained by a minor under the age of 14 because of an unlawful entry of the premises by the minor or another person."

So a 14y/o can have a FOID card. I see nothing disingenuous about his prior post.

He thought it was his right, but didn't bother to dig a little deeper. Now he knows.

I'd like him to stick around and learn some things. But I don't see that happening.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

good post bob.

Im all for doing everything I can do to help the kid out, I just have a hard time with changing stories..