The Firearms Forum banner

Girsan 1911's

Tags
4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Jimmy Evans 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have never heard of this particular brand, but Turkey is producing quite a few different kinds of guns and from what I have heard and read they are good quality. There are quite a few brands of 1911 for under $1000. For that kind of money you can buy 2 Rock Islands Arms or 2 Citadels and have enough change to buy a box or two of ammo.

#3 ·
I like the look of this model and its only $514

They have quite a few guns I might be interested in and the top one is also offered in 9x21

http://www.girsan.com.tr/en#

#5 ·
Well, it is a Turkish company. It's a nice looking pistol and I find it interesting that it's available with an integrated rail on it.

I read through a few reviews, nobody had anything bad to say about it other than the trigger feeling a bit stiff but, they also said that after firing 50 rounds of or so it smoothed out. Bud's has the chrome version without the rail for $479 and with the rail at $499. The standard blued version is $419 same as the RIA.

Honestly, I'm not sure which way I'd go. I'm a little intrigued with that integrated rail. That would make it so easy to put a laser on.

#6 ·
You like rails? I have one with rails........

Attachments

#7 ·
I got one of these in black about a year ago. As far as fit and finish, I can't see any machine marks through what looks to be a black phosphate finish. You can shake this thing as hard as you want and hear no "excessive" rattling. So far, it's gone "BOOM" every time I've squeezed the trigger. I really like the fact that the flats of the slide, both sides, have no roll marks at all. No names, no numbers and no warnings. It looks like it would make for a real nice shiny blue flat. I've owned a few 1911's, up to a Springfield stainless Loaded and, while it ain't a Springer...it is a 1911. I'm happy with mine and consider it money well spent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.