1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i understand that people donate things to be given away, but who is actually in control of that. the person that donates or the forum. who decides when to pick a name ?
    i guess what i am asking, if i decide to do a give away in dec. can i pick when to end it and the winner or does someone do this in administration

EXAMPLE
    general discussion post
    i am having a give away in honor of ---------
    the first 30 who respond to this post will be eligible. i will draw a name on ------
    winners name will be posted in this post
  2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    You can contact either Shooter45 or one of the mods if you want to give it away with the rest of the Christmas giveaways, or you can do your own Giveaway Quickie like a couple of members have done.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

The main thing is, if there is any question : do just what you've done WV, just ask. Usually Sam will ask if you want to do the drawing or have someone else do it. ( there are programs that make the drawings random and easier than having to try to sort through all the names and put them in a hat, etc ) There are some items that may have legal/FLL implications, so if they do, just discuss it with Sam or a mod first. If you have any other questions/ideas just get them out there.