Give Me Strength.....

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony Mig, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I just had to stop by the local gun shop to buy a couple packs of primers......the nice young salesman that sold me my GP-100 asks...."Hey Mr. Mig, did you see all the new handguns we recently got in".......:rolleyes:

For the first time, I got to hold a S&W 500 Magnum....(way too much gun for this guy)
    I looked over a 4" GP-100, a S/S 5.5" Redhawk in .44 Mag, and a S/S Super Redhawk in .44 Mag.....:confused:

Now instead of getting a 4" GP-100 to go along with my 6" GP-100, I'm thinking about that Redhawk.....:confused:

Let's see, I'll need to get a new bullet mold for .44 caliber, a sizing die, a set of reloading dies, large pistol primers......give me strength......:rolleyes:
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

OK Tony!...;)

BTW, GO FOR IT!!!... ...:p
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Now Tony, you don't expect any of us to actually talk you OUT of this, do you? ;)
  4. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

What was I thinking....that's like trying to find a cure for a drug addiction in a crack house...:eek:

Too many cool guns....not enough money......:rolleyes:
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep Tony! Same as the rest of us...but, we can keep 'em on the Christmas wish list though...'cuz it's free... ;)

I sell what I don't want once a year, and buy their replacements in a short period of time...once in awhile I go over budget...(not a good thing)...Gotta eat beans-n-wieners for awhile to recover...:(
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Anyone ever noticed the smell of a nicely stocked gun shop?

I love that smell.....I don't know what it is exactly....gun oil i assume?......but i love that smell.......oh god do i love that smell!!!!

I've also had chrome on the brain lately......
    I have this mental picture of either a 1911 or a revolver with highly polished chrome......

mike
  7. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Birthday pressy, or Christmas gift.......right now it's looking like that'll be the only way I'll get me a .44 Magnum. Nobody is biting on my Beretta 96, but I'm not aggressively trying to sell it as I only have one ad posted on the board at the range...(no newspaper ad, or internet listing)
    That'll give me time to decide between the Redhawk, or the Super Redhawk. We're dropping big money at the end of March on a family trip to Mickey Mouse Land, and we're doing a day at Discovery Cove to swim with the dolphins, another day at Sea World Orlando, a day at MGM, and the rest of our stay at Disney. My daughter is participating in a big cheerleading compition there, and we'll be gone from New Jersey for 10 days....

(I wonder if I could get a Florida CCW while I'm there....?)
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  9. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I'd go with the Super. I've got one and I love it. It's heavier and more solid. I'm shootin some of my own loads when I can, so I like the extra metal.

But whichever you decide, go for it!

To me, sellin any gun is usually a bad idea. Almost every guy I know that has sold a gun has regretted it. They usually didn't get the replacement they thought they were gonna get either. The guy I bought my Super Redhawk from was supposed to go get a new one about a week later, but ended up buying a washing machine. I've heard too many stories to sell any of my guns. I'll have to hate the gun before I sell it and when I do, I definately wont tell my wife orI'll probably get roped into buying something she wants.

Country101
  10. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I've bought and sold may guns in my lifetime, and there's only two guns I wish I could have back, and I traded both of them for a semi-auto I really don't enjoy shooting.
    I traded my Ruger Super Single Six, and my .357 mag Blackhawk for this Beretta 96, and althought this Beretta is a very good gun, I just don't enjoy shooting it. If I had a job that required me to carry a defensive weapon, this would be the gun I'd carry, but for target shooting at the range, it just doesn't fit my style and I have no problem using it to acquire something I will enjoy shooting.
    If I was ever to get a CCW...(just about impossible in my state)...the Beretta 96FS is a little to big and heavy, and I have a snub nose .38 that would fill that purpose much better.

I like wheel guns, and I also belive that in the hands of a well trained and practiced shooter, the 6 rounds in a wheel gun is just as deadly, and effective as 15 rounds in a short barrel semi-auto. Not one of those extra bullets means a darn thing if the guy pulling the trigger can't place his shots with any accuracy.
    With that said, my plan is to replace this Beretta with either a Ruger GP-100, or S&W 686 with a 4" barrel. This will serve as my home defense weapon, and a second .357 magnum revolver to compliment my 6" GP-100 at the target range.

Later on down the road, and when money allows, I also plan to get a .44 magnum (either the Redhawk or a 629), but for now I'm focused on getting a 4" .357.......