Giveaway - for kids ONLY- WINNER(S)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pickenup, May 28, 2006.

1. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry, I lied. I’m actually giving away 3 rifles. All bolt action 22s. With the 410 shotgun from “anonymous” that makes 4 total. Keeping with the “pass it around” theme, they will all go to different kids. (didn’t expect anonymous to throw in another one) Not sure what to do about the additional items donated. Sorry about that. Suggestions?

Anyway, without further ado.
    The winners are........

The Stevens M-55 goes to Dylan from GB. (nomadictao)
    The Hoban (copy) goes to Caitlyn from GB. (mp5shooter)
    The 410 goes to Dawsen from GB. (matwor)
    The Springfield M-86 goes to Kaitlyn from TFF. (JohnK3)

Would all the winners, and people who donated something, please send me an email. Please be patient, it may take a while, but we will get it all worked out.

THANKS to all who participated.

It’s SPRING…..WOO HOO.
    I ran out of local kids again, so, in celebration of this time of year, I’m giving away a Stevens Model 55.
    It is a single shot, bolt action rifle, with open sights, which shoots short, long, and long rifle ammo.
    It has 2 set screws on the side of the action, where it looks like a side mount scope could be added.
    Not sure about that.

(edit) As you can see below, there has also been a single shot 410 SHOTGUN added to the giveaway by a donor that wishes to remain anonymous. :D :D :D

There were 3,500 of these made between 1935 - 1936, it has NO serial number on it.
    (MAKE SURE the receiving FFL knows this rifle has no serial number ahead of time, don‘t want no problems because of this. Any competent FFL knows how to log these in, just make sure yours does.)

If this rifle could talk......Being 70 years old, I’ll bet it would have some stories to tell.

I hope the winning child gets a summer FULL of fun from this rifle.
    As well as many years to come.
    Children ARE our future.

This rifle has been gone through by the Colorado School of Trades - Gunsmithing.
    They inspect, clean, measure (repair if necessary) and test fire these firearms.
    This rifle came through with flying colors.

A picture of the rifle.

[​IMG]

Here are the rules, some of which are subject to change.

1. I would like this rifle to go to a child that does not already have a firearm. Honor system.
    2. What age child? Thinking about 8-14, this is negotiable.
    3. You must be an active participant in this forum to nominate the child. My judgment.
    4. Can be, but does not have to be, your child, grandchild, etc.
    5. Tell us a little about the kid, and why you think he/she should get it. Mandatory.
    6. I will end this when I feel like it.
    7. PAY ATTENTION HERE. I will pay for shipping it TO your FFL, but YOU will pay for any FFL fees on your end. You MUST have an FFL that will accept this firearm from a PRIVATE PARTY. This is NOT negotiable! I will NOT use an FFL dealer to ship it from. Do NOT assume he will do it, ask him before entering, as I will not be responsible for ANY problems about this, after I ship it. Sorry I have to add this, but there has been a growing number of FFLs that are making up their own rules, causing problems that “can” be avoided. (I know it’s to cover their heinie, which is their prerogative.)
    8. If your family is a previous winner of “any” firearm from this forum, please do not enter. Let’s pass it around.
    9. While not mandatory, a picture of the winner with the rifle, would be appreciated. Even if it’s just in an email.

P.S.
    There were questions last time I did this, from people that donated other items. If anyone chooses to donate any accessories ((eyes, ears, case, ammo, cleaning kit, scope, (although I think the child should learn with open sites first) etc.)) you can ship them direct to the winner. No need to pay the post office twice. This giveaway will be listed on a couple of other forums.

Additional items donated so far....

MVP......................Cleaning Kit.
    Anonymous.............A 410 single shot SHOTGUN.
    rmeyer...................500 rounds of ammo.
    DrunkAsASKUNK.......eyes and ears.
    MN Hunter..............eyes and ears.
    Sperry...................Five sets Hoppes ear plugs, #3085
    iluvguns.................410 shells.
    sam......................pack of targets.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  2. Re: Giveaway……..for kids ONLY.

Question, Pick: Do you know off hand if it would be legal to ship this rifle to someone with a C&R FFL (Type 03) since the rifle is over 70 years old? I might have someone in mind to nominate, and I do have a C&R. That is a mighty nice rifle you're offering there and I think you should be highly commeneded for your efforts. The future of the firearms sports in this country lies with its youth. We should never forget that.
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Re: Giveaway……..for kids ONLY.

1. I would like this rifle to go to a child that does not already have a firearm. Honor system.

My daughter, Kaitlyn. (she's been shooting Daddy's rifle, not her own)

2. What age child? Thinking about 8-14, this is negotiable.

Kaitlyn will turn 12 this July 13th.

3. You must be an active participant in this forum to nominate the child. My judgment.

I hope I qualify for that!

4. Can be, but does not have to be, your child, grandchild, etc.

She's mine, alright!

5. Tell us a little about the kid, and why you think he/she should get it. Mandatory.

Kaitlyn is probably the one most like Daddy. She loves to shoot, loves to help with getting ready to hunt, loves the outdoors. She's getting to the age where she's able to concentrate well enough on the task to shoot well. A rifle of her own would help reinforce the lessons of responsibility. On top of that, if she had her own rifle, she'd pester her mother and me to go shooting more often, which is a good thing!
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Excellent giveaway, Pick! I don't qualify, since I've won a rifle in the past, but I just wanted to say thanks for your generosity!
  5. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I would like to enter my daughter, Jessica. She is 13 years old and just started to show a real interest in guns this weekend. She shot the hi standard 22 pistol and the marlin 39a rifle. She seems to be a chip off the old block (emptied mag as fast as she could). I only recently started shooting so she doesn't have a gun yet. Thanks for the terrific opportunity and it is great to see such generosity.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

While I don't qualify, I just wanted to say that this is one of the coolest giveaways that I have seen here. Good one and keep up the good work!

To the future of the shooting sports, I salute you.
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I know it will make any kid happy. And who know's they may become the next member of the U.S. Shootin Team
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Bump ...........When is the give away happening? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I would like to enter my 15 year old daughter into this contest. She has shot my Ruger10/22 and has also shot my Remmington870 410cal. pump shot gun. I have a 20 year old daughter who has her own 22 rifle and my 14 year old son has his own 22 rifle, but my 15 year old daughter does not have a gun of her own and has told me she would like a gun of her own. We own 7 acres with a quarter-acre pond out in the country where we go out to shoot our guns and to enjoy nature. If she wins this gun, she will be able to use it there, on our land and I know she will really enjoy it.

In the past year, she has started to like boys more than guns and I want her to like guns more than boys for now. I think winning this gun and having a gun of her own will spark her interest once again.
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

You could always use the boys fer target practice if ya can get'em down by the pond. Hehe
  11. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Trust me i have allready thought about that. :D :D
  12. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry Pistolenschutze, not going to push it with the C&R thing.
  13. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Congratulations to all the winners and to pickenup
    Sir you are fine example of what the world needs more of. I am proud to have had the chance to get to know you over the years on several of the Internet sites, one day I will collect that cup of coffee from you.
    Ron
  14. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Congrats to Kaitlyn and all the other winners!

And congrats to Pickenup as well, for such a fine giveaway!!
  15. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Wow!

Katydid will be thrilled.

We're going to hold it until the 13th of July before giving it to her. She turns 12 on that day. [grin]

Email's on the way!