GIVEAWAY-TIME... DIGITAL CAMERA...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HappyNanoq, Oct 18, 2004.

1. HappyNanoq

HappyNanoq New Member

Lives in the northern Jutland, which is where I gr
    GIVEAWAY DIGITAL CAMERA... Last chance...

Last chance...
    My GF is coming by in a couple of hours - she and her sister will choose the winner shortly..

So please enter if you want a shot at this camera =o)

Just because it is the first time I reach 110 posts here and as well as it being the first monday of the week, I am going to giveaway a brand new digital camera.

Yes you read correctly.
    Do I have your attencion now?? I think so...

Then please read carefully... =o)

Rules are:
    1: No trolls, must be a member af of today..
    2: Enter as many times as you want - you only get one shot at it anyways.
    3: You must have tried a 30-06 rifle with a silencer
    4: Disregard rule #3, it doesn't count. :D
    5: Let's hear a hunting story or a joke.

That's it - if you have read the rules, qualified, then let's hear the story or joke and you're in the drawing.

I will draw a name somehow on sunday.. sometime before I go to bed.

Now calm down.!!!
    It is just a 1.3MegaPixel camera, nothing big...
    (Psssst, and it's the size of a creditcard!!!)
    [​IMG]

The pack says:
    64Mb built-in RAM
    Image Resolutions; 640*480 and 1280*960
    Images in memory ; At 640*480 = 104 pictures, at 1280*960 = 26 pictures.
    Battery is a LithiumIon battery, recharges through the USB Interface - so you must have a USB Port.
    Overall size is "Creditcard sized" (slightly thicker though)

You should know I have TWO digital cameras to give away - the other one is for another forum.

Good luck
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  2. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

Does c/p of hilarious chili story count?

The notes are from an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting Texas from the East Coast:

"Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the Budweiser truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, So I accepted".
    Here are the scorecards from the event:

*****Chili # 1 Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili****
    Judge # 1 A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
    Judge # 2 Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
    Judge # 3 (Frank) Holy $@#!, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

*****Chili # 2 Arthur's Afterburner Chili****
    Judge # 1 - Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
    Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
    Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

*****Chili # 3 Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili****
    Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Needs more beans.
    Judge # 2 -- A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.
    Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting $@#!-faced from all of the beer.

*****Chili #4 Bubba's Black Magic****
    Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
    Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
    Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out tastebuds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-lb. b&&&h is starting to look HOT -- just like this nuclear waste I'm eating. Is chili an aphrodisiac?

*****Chili # 5 Linda's Legal Lip Remover****
    Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
    Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
    Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks.

*****Chili # 6 Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety****
    Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
    Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.
    Judge #3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I $@#! myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that sister Sally. She must be kinkier than I thought. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my a$$ with a snow cone.

*****Chili # 7 Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili****
    Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
    Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
    Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava like $@#! to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, its too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

*****Chili #8 Tommy's Toe-Nail Curling Chili****
    Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
    Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balance chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor dude, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili.
  3. tideman

tideman New Member

After numerous rounds of "We don't even know if Osama is still alive",
    Osama himself decided to send John Kerry a letter in his own
    handwriting to let him know he was still in the game. Kerry opened the
    letter and it appeared to contain a coded message: 370HSSV-0773H.

Kerry was baffled, so he typed it out and emailed it to John Edward's.
    Edwards and his advisors had no clue either so they sent it to the
    Democratic National Committee. No one could solve it so it went to the
    National Education Association and then to MIT, who sent it to Michael
    Dukakis, who then sent it to Teddy Kennedy. Eventually they asked
    Britain's MI6 for help. They cabled John Kerry back "Tell the
    Presidential Hopeful he is looking at the message upside down."

:D :D

Tideman [ Still in TEXAS]
  4. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

The Legend of The Meathouse A Tribute to Poppy

Years ago back when life was much simpler, their was a young man who supported his family by working in the Oil fields of Northwestern Pennsylvania. He was luckier than most of us today, his job involved in constantly working outside and close to nature itself. He could walk to work thru the woods in a matter of minutes! First thing in the morning well before dawn he would open up the door to the power house turn a few valves and with a quick kick of the large cast iron ban wheel, the one lung Bessemer would come to life! Chug, chug, chug, Boom the old engine would reply, and slowly the rod lines would start moving and the old pumping jacks would squeak and they would start pumping that pure Pennsylvania Crude deep from with in the bowel's of the earth! Oh how I used to love to hear the sounds of those old engines echoing across the valley!

Working in the woods like this gave him many advantages that you and I do not have! There were no ringing phones, no automobiles zooming by just the sounds of nature itself! Spending so much time walking the hills and valleys of Smith and Dennis Hollow Poppy soon became aware of the patterns and actions of the white-tailed deer!

There was one spot that he observed where the deer loved to gather in the thick brush. Poppy and some of his buddies decided that this would be a good place to build a deer blind. So with some pieces of old carpet and some poles they constructed a crude shelter. Within this shelter they made a small stove out of a 20 gallon grease drum to provide them from heat and the Meathouse as Poppy called it was born!

Poppy and his buddies could sit in the Meathouse and scan the opposite hillside for deer up to 400Yds away. It wasn't long before many bucks were harvested from this simple shelter. As the years went by Poppy had children and he would introduce these children to hunting by taking them to the meathouse! As the youngest of the brood I used to listen to the stories of my brothers about the deer that they had seen from this tattered old blind! Many times they would come home with a nice deer but many times they did not! It did not seem to matter! Oh how I longed to be able to go and sit in the old Meathouse and be apart of the hunt!

As the years went by the first meathouse was replaced with a new and improved model heck the new one even had a door and some old wooden boxes to sit on, Pagunrunner, Kinzua, Blackie, and me spent hours in that old blind, some times we were successful some times we were not! It never really mattered, when things were slow Poppy would tell us countless stories of this deer and that deer, he would tell us from what direction they would approach, he could tell us which were bucks just by watching them walk! we used to watch turkey and squirrels and occasionally a bear pass by! We would roast peanuts on the stove, warm up our sandwiches, drink some hot chocolate and just sit and watch for deer! Many of the kills were recorded on the walls of that old blind in black charcoal of ambers of a day gone by!

After many years the oil ran out and the old power house and wells were abandoned, the brush grew thicker and Poppy grew old and gray! On a knob overlooking the location of the site of the old powerhouse Meathouse number three was born! It was like the others just a little bigger and a little easier for the old timer to access! Along came the grandkids and the next generation was introduced to the joys of hunting ! They too sat and listened to the old timer tell of this deer and that deer. He taught them things that they could never learn from a book, they learned the how to identify different types of trees by looking at both it's leaves and bark, They were told where to look for his beloved Ginseng, how to identify it, how to dry it! It was like gold it could be sold for a good profit. He taught them things such as how to find a bee tree by using the crosslining method, how to cut down the tree, smoke the bees, and how to safely extract the honey! Nothing went to waste, the beeswax was used, for such things as waterproofing, fly tying and such! We all learned how oil was removed from the ground, the stories were endless, even though we heard them over and over again we never grew tired of them!

Poppy is gone now, but he lives on in each and everyone of us! Meathouse number four now stands at the base of Smith and Dennis Hollow, Pagunrunner,Blackie, Pa and Kinzua are now the old timer's, The youngins Pa Jr, 270 Deerslayer, Ruger 270man and the rest of the grandkids are now the ones who walk those hills and valleys in hopes of bagging a Monster buck! Some of the Grandkids have kids of there own, and soon the next generation of Poppy's clan will be hunting those hills and listening to the stories of yesteryear!

Poppy is gone now but on a cold December morning, as you sit shivering, watching in anticipation, for the next deer to come by, if you listen real close you may hear the sounds of those old powers pumping, those oil wells squeaking, and feel the presence of the man who shared so much of the things he loved!

I miss ya Dad!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  5. coonass

coonass New Member

A story ...............................

I went on a week hunting trip last week about nine hour drive from home ....
    I loss my (matching set , with the wife) wedding ring on the last day of the
    hunt while taking off my gloves (well at least I think) ..... Was in a oak tree ,so I wouldn't have heard it fall .................
    When I got home,the wife brought the game cam film to a one hour photo just down the road to get it done fer me .... OH YEA , did I say dat the wife wasn't tooooooooooooo happy about my loss :mad: ..... well any way , she went back to pick up the prints , and always looks at dem to throw any bad ones,,
    The lady behind the counter (now lets all picture this together) hands her the envelope ....... she looks at the first one with some surprise ,she hurridly looks at the second one with much suprise... (now bout dis time her eyes are bugging out of her head) with the ring and all ...... Well the lady behind the counter seeing my wife starting to freak out ... and says " Is something the matter". well about the same time flipping over the packet with my cousins wifes name, real close to my wife's name ................. The pics were of women in bikinis standing by a large pool .......My wife says these are not for me but my cousin (by marriage) :cool: ...... the wife explains the ring story and says , "I was fixing to go home and jerk out my husbands toenails."

Hard to top dis true story..
  6. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I'm in.......

Do bears sit in the woods?

Attached Files:

7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

The day after a hurricane I had a very young squirrel come to me and would not return to the wild.
    Well three days later my wife saw a baby skunk and wanted me to stop the truck so she could pick it up and care for it.
    I couldn’t make her understand, so I stopped the truck.
    She got back in the truck with the skunk all wrapped up in a towel.
    After a couple of minutes she looks over at me and says
    “Honey he is cold what do I do”
    I told her just put him between your legs and he will warm up
    But what about the smell she asked
    So I told her
    JUST PINCH HIS LITTLE NOSE :D :D :D

and I am still sleeping on the carport ;)
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  8. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

9. njretcop

njretcop New Member

OK, I think Ron should win just for having the nerve to post his story.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Carla, don't be too hard on him, it's not easy being Ron, LOL.
  10. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Sure, I'll enter the contest. Thanks for doing it.
    Here's a Kerry joke:
    " An elderly DNC campaign organizer dies of natural causes and goes up to heaven. He makes it to heaven because he repents at the last second before dying of old age and God forgives him for his sins.
    He makes it to the Pearly Gates and meets with St.Peter, behind him, he sees many millions of analog clocks sitting on a gigantic cloud.
    He asks St.Peter. "What are they?'"
    St.Peter says "They are lie detectors, every time someone tells a lie, the hand moves clockwise one hour"
    DNC organizer "Who's clock is that St.Peter?:"
    St.Peter: "Thats Mother Theresa's, it has never moved"
    DNC organizer "How about that one?"
    St.Peter: "Thats Abe Lincoln's, it only moved once in 1863"
    DNC organizer "Where is John Kerry's clock?"
    St.Peter: "Its in Jesus Christ's office, Jesus has been using it as a ceiling fan since Kerry was born"
    :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I would love to enter. Thanks, Happy.

Now for all you animal lovers:

WHAT IS A CAT?

Cats do what they want.
    They rarely listen to you.
    They're totally unpredictable.
    They whine when they are not happy.
    When you want to play, they want to be alone.
    When you want to be alone, they want to play.
    They expect you to cater to their every whim.
    They're moody.
    They leave hair everywhere.
    They drive you nuts and cost an arm and a leg.

Conclusion: They're tiny little women in cheap fur coats .

WHAT IS A DOG?

They follow you around with their tongues out.
    They only respond to simple commands.
    Their needs are basic and predictable.
    They whine when their needs are not met.
    They always need to have something in their mouth.
    They scratch a lot and sometimes drool.
    They make loud noises and sometimes smell bad.
    They need to be trained.
    You can always tell when one has lived in a house for a long time.
    They're rude and rowdy, especially when they're with others like them.

Conclusion: They're men that wag their tails.
  12. Mabooger

Mabooger New Member

Ok I'll try but there's NO way I'll ever top 358's . By the way it's been nice knowing you Ron :D

G. W. Bush and John Kerry somehow ended up at the same barbershop.

As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a word
    was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation, for fear
    it would turn to politics.

As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had Kerry in his chair
    reached for the after-shave. Kerry was quick to stop him saying, "No thanks,
    my wife Theresa will smell that and think I've been in a
    whorehouse,"

The second barber turned to Bush and said, "How about you?" Bush replied,
    "Go ahead, my wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells
    like." :D :p ;)
  13. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

Well here is a story from last weekend.

A friend of mine who is a Marine MP down here in Albany GA and I went hunting. We were out at DCON12's stompin grounds. We decided to split up and if we heard any shots we would come and help the other drag the deer out. I set him up with my 7mmMag. He had shot it before and knew where it shot.

Well about 45min in to the hunt I hear 2 shots.... HMMMM I think he shot one. So I get up and go to help him. I meet up with him and ask him where it was.... He tried every excuse he could to tell me why he missed 2 does at 75yrds. Well tonight I am going to try to get one of them to show him that they are not bullet proof. Moral to the story is if your in a gun fight with the MP'S down here stand in front of them and laugh at them cause they can't hit a thing that is more than 10yrds away.

Hope I am allowed in to the drawing.

Thanks

Ray
  14. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

Tideman, Coonass and 358... those are good. It takes alot to get me to tear up over a funny joke but I could not stop laughing.

Ray
  15. offeror

offeror New Member

I once went on a hunting trip with my cousin and my best friend. My cousin Greg is a dyed-in-the-wool hunter -- every year he's after birds and deer in Indiana and Michigan. So he knows the good hunting territory for pheasant and quail, and that day he was driving us all up North.

The three of us met at Greg's house early in the morning, loaded up the Jeep, and headed north. After a long drive, we got to the location and got out to start walking across the field. I grabbed my granddad's 16-ga. Winnie M12. Tony said, "Hey, where's my shotgun?" Man, we felt bad for him. He had left it leaning against a tree in front of Greg's house.

So all day, Tony walked along looking sheepish, and we would take turns letting him carry one of our shotguns so we would all get some hunting time. The gun was still there when we got home. Moral: When you go on a long hunting trip, be sure to bring the one essential thing -- your dang gun.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004