Glad I found this place.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by clepidus, Aug 9, 2012.

1. clepidus

clepidus Member

I have been reloading for about 13 or 14 years. I mainly produced bulk ammo with generic loads from the cheapest components I could find to feed my shooting habit. It wasn't until the last 5 or so years I got serious about accuracy. Most of my guns were basic and I don't think I ever owned anything capable of much better than 2" groups. I never shot a deer over about 50 yds and I usually bought my ammo for hunting any way.

Now that I have decided to get more serious about my shooting and reloading, it has almost become an addiction. I have upgraded several of my rifles and my handgun groups have taken leaps forward in the accuracy department. I just sent a Ruger Mini-14 into get a workup that promises this "Capable of 1/2 MOA 3 shot group @ 100 yards with select factory ammo. 3/4 MOA Guaranteed."

Anyway enough about that, I just wanted to say how great I thought this part of the forum is. I have browsed for the last couple hours and probably picked up more useful information in that time then I have through reading over the last several years.

I never claimed to know much about reloading, just knew that I enjoyed it and if I ever decided to get serious, I could make some major improvements. I think this site and the wealth of knowledge her will help me get to where I want to be.

Anyway I'm going back to reading... Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who post, and spend time helping out with questions.

Mike
  2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

Welcome! glad you found us also!!
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Welcome from Northeastern PA, "The Poconos"
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, from way over here in Georgia.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. And i strive to give back to the forum the way it has given to me over the past few years. I love this place.

Welcome aboard clep.
  6. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

From Ga. welcome. You're right about the information available here. These guys are a wealth of knowledge and experience.They have helped me tons! Joe
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Mike.
  8. TNTKelly

TNTKelly New Member

welcome Mike from across the border and a little to the south. I too am new to site and so far love it lots of good info and seem to be good folks too
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

a big welcome from the left side of WA, tons of reloading guru's to ask on here. LDBenett is a re-loadin' heavy hitter along with some others. I've been loading a long time but I'm more into the 'feed my addiction' mode as you stated, my competitive shooting days have past (for now) and the only thing I even care about for max accuracy is my hunting rifles. I crank out pistol ammo by the thousands and shotgun is just muscle memory, go thru about a case or so a week at least just at the skeet range.

And as with most things, no matter how good you think you are or how knowledgeable, there's always someone with more information to learn new stuff; plus there's new products and calibers coming out all the time. I think the reloading section of the forum is my favorite so far.
  10. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And as with most things, no matter how good you think you are or how knowledgeable, there's always someone with more information to learn new stuff; plus there's new products and calibers coming out all the time. I think the reloading section of the forum is my favorite so far.[/QUOTE]

That couldn't be more true.I have only been reloading a few years now.I've gotten massive amounts of help from these guys (a few in particular). I doubt I would be reloading today if it weren't for them.My reloading addiction is without a doubt completely THEIR fault!!
  11. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

welcome from the other end of the country,......
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Welcome to both of you new members!
  13. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

Welcome to the forum clep