Global Warming Hoax??

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mcw120566, Dec 13, 2009.

1. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

Since ther has been alot of news and excitment as of late about Global warming, I thought I would share with you an essay that I was given to read from a local student. I thought it was pretty cool.

The Fat Lady Sing’s

We have all seen pictures or video footage of Al Gore with his arms out stretched to the heavens, looking upwards and preaching of the impending doom that will befall this planet Earth, should we all not heed his omens about global warming. The warmest year on record globally was not 2008 or 2007, but in 1998, and for the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures. Data shows record coldness appearing in both hemispheres of the globe, from blizzards in China and snow in Baghdad to shorter crop growing seasons globally. So get ready Al, that sound that you are hearing is the dripping of egg on the face of the liberals as their great global warming hoax slowly collapses, and the fat lady starts warming up, getting ready to sing away!
    When we study the evidence regarding global warming research today, most, if not all supportive claims on global warming come from government funded research facilities. This makes for bias opinions and findings. Patrick Michaels points out “Politics distorts science, particularly environmental science, because 99.99 percent of those sciences’ financial support comes from the federal government. Scientists distort science because their careers depend on the money they bring to their university or their laboratory. Both the employees of the academy, and the academy itself, must support a political process that results in the exaggeration of threats. In competition for a finite federal outlay, scientists present their particular issue (global warming, cancer, AIDS) in the most urgent light possible, threatening societal ruin if their work isn’t funded.” (Michaels 104) Ultimately, this type of competition for funding, and distortion of doomsday theories causes bad policies, as well as some of the non reliable findings that we hear today.

The end all scenarios that most theorists would have you believe is due in large part to the melting of the polar ice. Jim Motavalli claims “A UN assessment says Arctic sea ice in the summertime could diminish 60 percent by 2050. This fresh water could dilute the salinity of the Gulf Stream, which would mean that it would no longer sink to the bottom of the ocean near Iceland and begin its return trip to the pacific. According to Robert Gagosian, director of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, ‘We’re seeing a huge freshening in the North Atlantic. The sinking of the cold, salty water has slowed 20 percent in the last 30 years.’” (Motavalli 96) Does this mean we are going to see more and more pictures of Polar Bears stranded on ice floats due to the warming of our planet? I believe these photographs and others like them are used as propaganda tools to continue our societies paranoia. To rebut this point Patrick Michaels states “For example, the reduction of the ice mass covering western Antarctica, which could contribute to a significant rise in the sea level, is partially and perhaps wholly offset by the growth of the ice mass over eastern Antarctica.” (Michaels; Balling 267) Reinforcing this fact is satellite data collected by the National Snow and Ice Data Center, at the University of Colorado shows that the Arctic ice concentration for May 1980 and May 2008 are exactly the same. 10.9 million square kilometers of ice cap, while CO2 levels have increased during the same time. So what happened to all this fresh water that Motavalli and Gagosian are referencing? Did I forget to mention that both Motavalli and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute both rely very heavily on federal funding?

Computer models and play a very large part in the conclusions that are generated. Phillip Scott tells us “Willie Soon and Sallie Baliunas of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics point out that a number of scientists have already called for better models that more accurately reflect the extremely complicated interactions between atmosphere, ocean, land and ice cover.” (Scott 20-26) John von Neumann, once said: “If you allow me four free parameters I can build a mathematical model that describes exactly everything that an elephant can do. If you allow me a fifth free parameter, the model I build will forecast that the elephant will fly.” (Starck 43) This cry for better information and better models is simply due to the fact that current models are being manipulated to ensure the results and the
    continued funding that are wanted and needed.

There is no doubt in my mind, or in the minds of most people that we need to take care of our planet, letting her fall to global ruin would not be a benefit to any species that calls Earth home. Max Bazerman even admitted in his report “Some actions we could take to reduce greenhouse gases could be beneficial for reasons other than reducing climate change.” (Bazerman 30) For example; more efficient, and better sources of energy would not only save the natural resources of our planet, but bring more affordable power to the world’s population.

I am an outdoors man, and have been all my life. I believe in preserving what Mother Nature has blessed us with, and do my best to protect it any way I can. If the federal government would use the funding allocated to the study of global warming for the research of terminal illness’ or other critical needs, we may find that cancer and others like it, in a very short time, have become a thing of the past.

Our great planet seems to have a cycle that she runs. The cycle for warming and cooling seems to trend about 30 years. So why are we so very worried about a natural occurrence that we can do nothing about? It is my opinion, that we let our planet run her course, and we use the billions of tax dollars spent annually for more critical research that will benefit the world’s society, we would all have a better place to live.

He got a C for his efforts. The instructor, as it turns out was a tree hugger! This was graded and returend a week befor the the BS started! I told him he should ask for a new grade!
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

Definitely better than a C grade!
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

We all make choices in life.
    We can go with the flow and receive praises of the masses -
    Or we can go with the truth and be satisfied with knowing we are right as we are criticized.

A huge pat on the back for this student who has the intestinal fortitude to take the second path. We need a lot more like this!
  4. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

Much better than a C !!
  5. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

And I think 2 feet of snow hitting DC this weekend would be OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! :D
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Keep crackin jokes people, I have never seen a more arogant buch of fools as on this forum. If it aint your way you bash, And god help a democrate member on this forum. I have seen you run off 4 so far. I bet your mommas are so proud, and your pastors too for that matter.
  7. navis128

navis128 New Member

If you manipulate data...you are not a scientist, you are an environmentalist.

Give me unadulterated data!!
  8. Blue Tiger

Blue Tiger New Member

Global warming is not a man-made phenomenon n u can see an excellent synthesis of the evidence, instead of the pseudo-science that is usually promoted, in Global Warming or Global Governance? (see Smoke Screen Design and click Global Warming in the menu on the left). It is a 2-hour film.
  9. K1D_5150

K1D_5150 New Member

Everyone is entitled to their own, but from what I've seen in my yet limited time on this site is not one interested in actually inserting their opinion to discuss, but to shove it down our throats and cast insults if someone doesn't tremble in that wake. I've seen some that seem to lean to the right told off as well. Try to calm the attacks and it might end up differently. As is such, my opinion is that the global warming MIGHT have happened, but not at the alarming rate that is wielded to scare the masses. I have watched these scientists talk about it and then say how we are coming out of an ice age. Look for the pretty stamp??? post. And if you don't believe about the truth being stretched, ask a native about what you learned in social studies about them.
  10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

BU, surely you are aware of the multiple evidences that the man-made global warming scare is a hoax? You are aware that global warming stopped over ten years ago, while CO2 emissions have continued to increase? You are aware that the 'melting ice cap' data is very selective, choosing those areas that are shrinking and ignoring those areas where the ice caps are growing? Surely you are aware of the evidence that other planets in our solar system have been on a warming trend during the same period that the earth was on one?

Arrogant fools? I see this group of being in possession of the ability to look past the talking-head scripted opinions and seeing the truth. Although not always agreeing with some of the conclusions, I see them as well thought out and evidence of independent thought, something rare today.
    If some cannot handle that, and prefer the safety of the lemming herd, then I hope they do not let the door hit them where the good Lord split them.

Anti-democrat?
    My whole family has voted for Bredeson, a Democrat, in every election, and PROUD of that vote. Most here are not anti-Democrat, but rather pro small government, pro-tax reduction, pro-individual freedom.

My sainted mother departed this vale of tears years before I joined this group, but I know she would have been proud to be a member here.
    I am a pastor.
    And I am proud to be a member of this group at least 95% of the time.

Reasonable people can have reasonable disagreements.
    That's why my best friend on this planet; a man I have called my buddy for over 54 years, remains my friend while still being a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat.

Reasonable people can get past such things without drawing blood on each other by simply knowing when it is time to shut up and just let it pass - - -

Shutting up and letting it pass now - -
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

In regards to the Hoax, we the tax payers have shelled out Hundreds of Billions of dollars to pay for what has turned out to be bad, or even worse, fraudulent research. That research was for the sole purpose of producing evidence of catastrophic man made global warming that could only be resolved through massive spending and invasive Govt. control of nearly every aspect of our lives. While at the same time suppressing all evidence to the contrary. On top of this we would have been subject to the expectation of a doubling of the cost of energy and everything else thereby impoverishing the nation except for our betters selling Carbon Credits and expensive energy. i.e. wind, 4 times the cost of carbon base energy and Solar 10 times. Both not even 70% dependable. Pay more and get constant brown outs because they can't meet demand.

Where are the investigations into this massive fraud committed not only by the bought and payed for researchers but also the corrupt politicians and Govt. employees who sought to inflict this fraud on the public at a cost of Trillions to the taxpayer and consumer. This fraud far exceeds anything that has ever preceded it in the history of this nation if not the world too. I suspect that most of our Congressmen had their fingers in that pie. Kind of like a pack of wolves in the hen house.

Is there some Prosecutor, Congressional Committee or newspaper in this Nation which will go after these charlatans and bring them to justice? Out of a population of 300 million people isn't there just One?

Is this Fraud so big that our misleaders are afraid it might bring about the collapse of our Govt. I say let the light shine in. The Govt. might collapse? Those people do not believe in the power of the U.S. Constitution or of the resilience of the Citizens to make this right but it wont happen if we don't shine the light of Truth on these people. Picture cockroaches scurrying for cover in a flurry of resignations with phrases like, "But I didn't knooowww....".
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

One word for you to study on: "Climategate".
  13. navis128

navis128 New Member

Big,

Sir, I don't think anyone here is trying to be arrogant. The bottom line is that (a) SCIENTIST(s) within the climatology group got so tired of the scam that documents were leaked that revealed the data had been manipulated. This fact, no matter how small, voids the whole study. You can't get around that, no pass go, no collect $200.

These emails were leaked quite a while after other little tidbits were coming to light about the inaccuracy. Recently a study, by a very respected SCIENTIST, has been released that used unadulterated quantitative data that reflects no change in radiant heat release from the planet. Maybe those ozone holes are there for a reason.

I'm not saying...and I don't think anyone else is...that combustion of carbon based extinct organic individuals are not affecting our climate, we're just saying...GIVE US TRUTH!!

I also don't think anybody here cares if your a democrat...as long as you support the Constitution and the Amendments therein.

Respectfully,
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  14. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Global warming has occured several times in our planet's history. The current phase began aprox 13,000 years ago, when Ugg and Ugga decided that having a roaring fire every evening was a good idea. Within a few generations, their off-spring, also enjoying fires every evening, noticed that the glaciers were retreating. However without Ey-gore to explain this ramifications of this phenomenon to them, they mistakenly thought that retreating ice was a good thing.

Eons passed, the glaciers continued to retreat, and Burg and Burga, noticing that their heavy, fur-covered garmets were both a pain to clean and procure, decided that 'less is better' spawning both the liberal movement, and due to the greater levels of exposed flesh, the first exercise craze.

Much later Willie I, newly arrived from across the channel, read in his Domesday Book that vineyards were within his new realm. "This is too much warmth!", he exclaimed. and ordered that fires be quenched on even calendar days. Things began cooling off, resulting in the Little Ice Age. Good Queen Bess decided "Too much!" and demanded an Industrial Revolution, in order to warm things back up again.

Scientists were appointed to examine flora and fauna from about the world. A finite task, to say the least. Needing additional employment, studies were conducted, and finding that studies were both self-perpetuating and profitable, began a series of studies of the studies, in which smaller and smaller samplings were compared to larger and larger groups of data.

Enter Al-gore, son of Mor-gore, son of Ee-ore.

And, you know the rest of the story.
  15. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

And.............after DC got 3 feet of the white stuff, they're due to get another 20 inches!

Yes, there is a God, and he has a GREAT sense of humor. :D