Global warming--- or not?!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by mmrkk, Dec 31, 2009.

1. mmrkk

mmrkk New Member

Eckville, Alberta, Canada (South central Alberta)
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'd not seen that one before.

Here's the deal.

This planet is pretty much self contained. I've never heard of CO2 escaping the atmosphere, let alone more entering from space. The earth has a finite number of resources. They have always been here in one form or another.
    the only way we lose any of them is if we launch something into space that doesn't return.

The greatest impact on our planet is due to solar radiation (sun spots/flares).

Has the earth been hotter? Yes
    Colder?
    Wetter?
    Drier?
    Yes, yes, yes.

Before mankind? Absolutely.

Up and down, up and down. Like a kid on a pogo stick.
    It's a pretty fair analogy actually.
    The kid being the sun, and the stick being the earth.
    The more energy the kid puts into it, the higher the stick goes.
    When he gets tired, the stick doesn't go near as high.

If you start tinkering with the stick, you risk breaking it.
    You can try fiddling with the spring, but the results never work as well as the original.

Better stop there or ya'll will think I'm nuts.:eek:
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I always thought that this "thing" happened naturally. Where the air starts to get overcome by CO2. But plants live on CO2, so if the air is totally CO2, sure we might all suffocate someday, but won't it help plants grow? I think it has to do with what they call deforestation. The Earth is making up for it cuz plants produce CO2, as we live off of air. The Earth is trying to maintain a balance. It doesn't have anything to do with the ice caps melting, etc, etc or whatever the he\\ else Gore says is going on.
  4. obxned

obxned New Member

.... and yet the climate liars still lie, and people still believe them. Worse still, our politicians will use the climate fraud to gain more control over us and our money.
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Exactly it isn't about the environment it's about making the Al Gore's rich and fat and about controlling us all. Can we tax them into submission? "Yes we can".
  6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And it's about taking our wealth, and that of other developed nations, and give it away to "emerging" and poorer countries. Redistribution of the wealth we earned, we sacrificed for to people that can't do, won't do squat.
  7. muddober

muddober Active Member

All one has to do to dispel this global warming myth is Google the term "earth wobble". The earth wobbles on its axis about 2.5 degrees and it takes about 23,000 years to complete the wobble and as it does it changes the temperature considerably. Al the idiot Gore should know that considering according to him he was the guy who invented the Internet.

I watched that idiot Gore on a TV program one night where he was playing like Jimmy Carter wearing a nail bag and he was trying to drive a nail that had already been set. When that idiot could not hit the nail he switched hands with the hammer. Guess what? It didn't help.

Ron
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

An advantage of having lived a LONG time is that I remember when the scientists were warning us about the impending ICE AGE, and how we really needed to screw with the ballance in order to prevent it - -

There is no global warming from human cause, and never was.

www.http://whyglobalwarming.homestead.com/
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Global warming...or not? I vote for NOT!

I'm about sick of hearing gorebal warming or glowBULL warming or climate change or whatever they call it now:rolleyes:
  10. doug66

doug66 Member

Global warming is just another excuse to tax us.
  11. artabr

artabr New Member

:rolleyes: :D

Attached Files:

12. artabr

artabr New Member

13. ampaterry

13 degrees here in TN this am.
    Makes it hard to get into the whole 'global warming' mindset.

Oh, wait!

It is CLIMATE CHANGE now -
    They stopped calling it 'global warming' years ago -
    About the time that the data stopped showing an increase in temperature, IIRC.
  14. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

This is a pretty good vid. I like it. But I will throw in my two cents worth anyway.....

I have forever been an environmental freak. Over the years I have seen, as we all have, the forests diminish, waters polluted, this that and the other thing......I was a Biology major for too many years in college. The environment is something that I have studied formally for years upon years. I have learned that maintaining a balance is key. That there is such a thing as the domino effect. That there are consequences to actions and sometimes they are irreversable. Now.....to the 'facts'....

I am not a doomsday kind of guy. I do think the global warming activists have a point. I think they are a bit exaggerated, but, nonetheless, they have a point. Let's take a comparison here in our own Solar System. Venus and Earth. Venus is hot. Hot, hot, hot. Pressures on the surface that would crush a submarine.....hurricane force winds.....very nasty. The probes that actually make it to the surface may only last an hour.

The CO2 content of Venus' atmostphere is 96.5%.
    Earth is 0.038%.

Average temp on Venus is 900 degrees F
    Average temp on Earth is 55 degrees F
    (to give comparison, the sun side of Mercury, the innermost planet, is about 700 degrees F)

Now I am forever talking of balance. One of the biggest issues now is the CO2 sink known as the Amazon Rainforest. It is getting depleted and depleted fast. If the CO2 cannot get 'eaten up', it is going to go atmospheric. There will be a rise of sorts. How much? One can only guess. People crunch numbers and publish them. And as there is much conjecture and some guesswork involved, so we are not going to see the consistancy that we desire (and demand).

So while this gentleman makes a good arguement, it is, in the end, one-dimensional. There are so many other causal factors not considered in the eight minute presentation that need to be in there.

So as for my own feelings on the subject, I think there is global warming. That is undeniable. It is there, it is happening. Now, are we contributing to it? Absolutely. Enough to influence anything in a huge way? I don't know. We are OK for now, but I don't rule anything out for the future and that leads me to the next paragraph.

I see many people completely deny the possibilities and that is worrisome. In fact, I think it is dangerous. As with anything, I feel that we should keep an open mind on the subject, take into consideration all that is offered in terms of discussion and fact and flat out just take care of this planet we are on. There is nothing wrong or incorrect about erring on the side of paranoia in this case, as until we master interstellar travel, we are stuck here.......

Sorry....that turned out to be three or four cents' worth of material.....:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  15. ampaterry

Pharmrjohn -
    The earths mean temperature has not increased in several years now -
    But back when it WAS increasing, we found that other planets had increasing temperatures as well.
    To me, that indicates that - while there may have BEEN an increase in temperature - it could not have been human caused.

I am an environmentalist, though.
    We have bought 80 acres, and we preserve it in its natural state.
    I encourage anyone who feels strongly about environmental issues to do the same.
    I disagree with people who will not preserve land themselves, but favor legistlation forcing OTHER people to preserve it.