Glock 17C, Taurus 24/7 or Beretta PX4 9mm ?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by lfav2004, Jun 14, 2009.

1. lfav2004

lfav2004 New Member

Would like to know which of these guns you guys’ prefer to self defense? Also would like to know what I have to do to speak whit you guys in live chat :confused:
  2. stetson

stetson New Member

Why would you want a compensated glock for sd? How about a plain Glock 17? If you
    are ever in a low light environment a ported barrel will blind you !Think about it!
  3. Personally, I would go for the Glock 17 over the others you mentioned, though if it were for concealed carry, I would opt for the Glock 19 or the Glock 26 if you want a 9mm. The 17 is a full-sized pistol and harder to conceal easily. It makes a fine house gun though.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Go to your local gunshop and check out the Springfield Armory XD against the models you mentioned. You may be pleasantly surprised. :)

Live chat is hosted by EZ board so you have to create an account, log out and log back in and it should work if you find anyone there.
  5. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Doesnt matter which we would like you need to try them on and see which you prefer, its like asking if i like potatoe soup or tomato soup, LOL they are all good choices, but you need to see what fits you best.To me I just buy em when I can afford it, if I dont like them I put them away adn get a different one, if I do like them I get reloading dies and shoot the chit out of them.............and a real suprise to me at least was my hi points, really cheap and a blast to shoot.
  6. torre

torre New Member

I own a Springfield XD 40 and the Glock 23. Also have a S&W Sigma 9mm. Personally I have always just loved the glocks but for conceal the 19 (9mm) or the 23(.40Cal) is the route to go. or if you really want concealed the Glock 27.
  7. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Of the choices you gave, I choose the Glock. But a C model for home defense is no good. C models are really competition guns to help reduce flip and decrease time between shots. But there is also the added flash in your line of sight that is not good for you in the dark.

However, there are many excellant self defense gun choices besides Glock. Springfield XD and XD-m's, Kimber 1911's come in tactical size to conceal size as do most 1911's. As far as a conceal carry weapon, I choose the Glock 27, 40 cal. Good shooter with fast ammo, just the right size to conceal and fits my hand my hand and its lite. The XD-40sc is also a very good choice and would be my second choice. Walther PPS is also a 40 cal, same amount of shots as the Glock or XD but is much thinner. Just my 2 cents worth.