Glock 22

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Sep 24, 2010.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

bought me a glock 22 a while back. 40 S&W caliber, third generation.

happens to my third G22. I got it from summit *** ****** .com with some extra mags

Attached Files:

2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Why all of the G22 Model Glocks John? I have 3 Glocks but they are all different models.
  3. johnlives4christ

i dont own them all currently. have previously owned them, and a model 17 also. but i ended up trading them off and selling one because i needed the money. the model 17 i owned twice
  4. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

a 22 or 19 is on my short list, reliability is a good thing
  5. johnlives4christ

19's are hard to find around here. and the smaller grip size doesnt fit my hands very well is why i prefer the full size versions. summit *** ****** has 2nd gen g22's for 315.... dang ats cheap, if i only had the extra funds... i'd have extra guns
  6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Thats a good deal if it is a gen2.5. If it is a real two pin gen2 G22 then it will not be as strong as the gen2.5 three pin. I am not sure how many true gen2 G22s there are but the lack of a Gen2 without the 3rd pin means the gun will not last as long as a three pin...

3 pin is a go. 2 pin would be a nogo in 40 caliber......
  7. johnlives4christ

im pretty sure they are 3 pin guns
  8. Boris

Boris Former Guest

It worked.

Thats not a bad price at all. I am not a fan of the 40 but for that price it might be worth it.......
  9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

John, my glock 32 didn't fit my hand as well as i liked too. my daughter turned me on to the pearce grip extenter www.pearcegrip.com and i believe glock also makes a plus 2 extension for the magazine with these you'll not have your pinky hanging off or wrapped under the magazine
  10. johnlives4christ

i've seen the grip extenders. i dont mind the little bitty glocks as my pinky hangs out of the way. but the mid sized glocks feel like it's scrunching my hand trying to get all my fingers on the grip. and it does have a spot for all 3 fingers.

the wife wants a glock 19 second gen, without the finger grooves it's comfortable to her. since she has small hands the finger grooves spreads her fingers too much.
  11. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i personally do not like the finger groves on any gun. stippling or checked front strap is ok and a old school trick , skate board tape on the front strap gives a good solid feel with no fear of your hand/grip or fingers slipping.
  12. johnlives4christ

i like the finger grooves on the full size glocks pretty well, but i'd just as soon not have them. the 40 caliber has a little bit of kick so i find that the finger grooves helps me to recover without my hand moving as much
  13. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I am not a fan of finger grooves either and did not touch a Gen3 for a long time. After I did I realized how stupid I had been. I like them without it, but they work just fine with them... for me.....
  14. GunsForSale.com

GunsForSale.com New Member

I carried one of those Gen 3 G22's for several years at a PD in Georgia. They were darn reliable and I had few complaints about them. I guess the only thing I don't like about them is the finger grooves. I have a Gen 2 G19 for my daily carry that I like a lot better - no rails, but no finger grooves either.
  15. johnlives4christ

im still packing my g22. pretty happy with it. been considering upgrading the sights but havent made any decisions yet. also been considering grinding off the finger grooves and stippling the front strap like i seen someone do on another websight. pretty neat idea. aint worked up the balls to do it yet though lol. i dont mind the finger grooves. just thinking
  16. johnlives4christ

welp... i ended up putting some trijicon night sights on the g22. a feller swapped me some for some loading blocks. i need to shoot paper now and make sure the sights are lined up now