glock 25 and 28

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jce07a, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jce07a

jce07a New Member

ok, i have read that the government doesnt allow the sale of the glock 25 and 28 based on several things, .380 doesnt meet "sporting requirements" and something about the size of it...but that doesnt make any sense to me because essentially it is a glock 17 and a 26 with a couple different things to make it fire .380 however i dont understand this reasoning...does anyone know if this is/is not true? others have told me that they have been allowed to access the 25/28. if they're accessible to civilians, how can i get one? if not, am i going to have to wait until i am a police officer to get one?
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

A lot of things about the GCA of 1968 do not make sense; but such is the law of the USA.

If you want a .380 ACP pistol, buy a Ruger LCP or a KelTec P3AT fitted with a Crimson Trace laser unit. Otherwise, buy a 9x19mm.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. jce07a

jce07a New Member

the reasons i havent gotten an LCP or P3AT is because they are too light for me. i enjoy being able to take my guns to the range and practice, i dont like having to come home and ice myself from the forearm down because of how snappy a gun is. i was interested in the 25/28 because they have the heavier frame and it can help keep the recoil in order.