Glock 26 9mm Opinions

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by satellite66, Oct 6, 2004.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Hi, I'm new here so be gentle. I just wanted to get some opinions on the Glock 26 in 9mm. How easy are they to conceal and carry? Is it stone reliable?
    Any other pistols to consider for concealed carry?
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, satellite66.

I can't answer your question but we have others that will. Just be patient and they will be along soon.

We hope you will join us often and post frequently. We have several people in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Nuevo Joisey here.

Attached Files:

3. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Welcome to TFF. The answer is yes. Its an exceptional concealed carry pistol. If you are set on 9mm, I would also recommend the Kel Tec P11 very highly. For under $300, you will get the same level of dependability and reliability.
    As far as other options.
    I also like the Llama Micromax in .45ACP
    The Bersa Thunder in .380ACP
    The Taurus Millennium in .380ACP and 9mm
    I also carry two NAA Derringers in .22WMR as backups.
    and any CZ that will fit for that matter.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

-
  4. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

If you like it, get it, you won't regret it. The 26 is a little too small in the grip for me, but that's why I bought a 19.

My 19 below.

Attached Files:

5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF, satellite66!!
  6. punchie

punchie Member

WELCOME to the forum. Now for a word on the mini- Glock. They are relatively accurate, light, easily concealed and super dependable if you don't fall into the same trap as most owners. The hard part to conceal on a handgun is the grip not the slide. It seems that far too many owners of the mini-Glock (26,27, or 33) the first thing they do is add a magazine extension so they have a place to rest their poor little pinky. When this is done the hard part to conceal (the grip) is now as large as a mid-sized (19, 23 or 32) without the advantage of the longer sight radius or velocity of the added barrel length of the mid-sized Glocks.

Now on to the matter of Glock KBs (kabooms=catastrophic failure). Greatly over stated and should not be a matter of great concern. This is coming from someone who is not a great fancier of the Glock, but I have to give credit where credit is due. They are good handguns period. Not for everyone but good handguns never the less.
  7. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Thanks for all the good input. I think I will enjoy it here.
  8. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Satellite,

Now for a professional opinion......... :) If you are comfortable with a 9mm gun, then go for the G26.

If on the other hand you want a little more punch in the same package, consider the G27. It comes in 40 cal and very cheaply can converted to 357 sig. by merely changing the barrel.

Bottom line, you cannot go wrong with Glock, if you follow the manufacturers recommendations and fire only factory ammo in it.
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to TFF. Hope you like it here.
    About the Glock. They have a slightly different angle on the handle, but IF it has a natural “point of aim” for you, and you can stand the “safety” in the trigger, then go for it.
  10. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

SPRINGFIELD XD-9!!!!!!!!! I can't shoot a Glock for sh@# ... but the XD is natural for me. Guns are a personal preference. Shoot what feels right to you. ( Especially for a carry gun. ) Springfield has out-glocked the Glock.... better feel for me, much more accurate, nicer recoil, SAFER!!!!! and i think is a better constructed gun. If you want a CLOSE competitor for the Glock... ya... you need to go shoot an XD!
  11. MPinkston

MPinkston New Member

Personally I love Glocks but don't buy til you try. Glocks are great guns but not right for everyone, so try a few before making a decision. I bought a Glock 33 without ever have fired a Glock. Looking back, I wish I had bought the M32.
  12. denfoote

denfoote New Member

Here is my answer

[​IMG]

One is mine, the purple one is my wife's!!

I trust it to protect my wife. That's the best recommendation I can give it!!!!!!!!
  13. Remington597

I would again recommend any Glock to you, if you don't believe me , then ask some of the hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officers and municipalities who use them. They use them for a reason. They are exceptional pistols. You will get alot of Glock badmouthing here. I don't know the reason, but don't believe it, its jouevenille.
  14. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

How about the Kahr PM 9 compared with the Glock 26?
  15. Remington597

I like both. You can't go wrong with either one. Its simply a question of your budget, if you can afford to get both, go for it.
    In the end, I prefer the Kel Tec P11. The same level of dependability for $300 instead of $400-$600. This is why I have three Kel Tec P11s, Nobody is going to convince me that either a Glock or a Kahr is more dependable than a Kel Tec P11. I have never had a single jam in any of my Kel Tecs with a vast array of ammo brands.
    [​IMG]