The Firearms Forum banner

Glock 3.5 lb trigger bar questions

Tags
glock
2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Sugarfoot 
#1 ·
Hi all!

Have any of you tried the 3.5 lb trigger bar from the Glock Store, or other company?
Is the bar all you need? Or is it a good idea to go with the full trigger set up?
I know that accuracy is generally better with a lighter trigger, but are all the other
trigger add-ons just expensive bling?

Here's a link to one of the set ups. http://www.glockstore.com/pyramid-trigger

One can only read so many product descriptions quoting "improves speed and accuracy"
and not begin to question the products.
When the trigger bar is around 20-25$, it makes me ask why pay the big bucks?
Edit- I guess it's a 3.5 lb connector. I've been calling it a bar.

#3 ·
the 3.5 lb connectors are awesome upgrades and well worth the money.

I have the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 in a few of mine. There is a local shop with a Glock armorer and they will install it for you while you wait for a total price of $25, so I've never put one in myself but for that price, I'll pay them to do it.

the next thing you will want to look into is the extended slide release, they are inexpensive also and for me, gives me a little more positive control on the slide release.

#4 ·
The connector is a nice mod for any Glock if you just want the trigger a little lighter. I initially went with the 3.5lb connector for my G23C but it started to feel a little like a wet carrot kind of break when the trigger was pulled. I upgraded to the Fulcrum Trigger 'Ultimate' Package so I could actually adjust the trigger itself and I am REALLY happy with it. It has more of and Icicle type "crisp" break when pulled. dbcooper hit the nail on the head with the extended slide release, another great upgrade all Glock owners should look into.

#5 ·
I have been looking at the slide release and the magazine release both. If the connector and the other mods come with instructions, I'll probably try it myself. I was mostly wondering how much different the trigger feels after install, compared to the stock trigger.

#8 ·
I bought the 3.5 lb. connector for my G30 SF and installed it, which did make a slight difference. I'm satisfied with the trigger now and don't think it needs any more upgrades .
Also, I bought the extended slide lock and installed it myself. It makes a world of difference when it's time to remove the slide and the extended slide release was easily replaced as well.
Lenny Magill, owner of The Glock Store, produces videos for installation of most Glock replacement parts which are very helpful and makes the job simple. So far nothing has been too difficult or required professional help.

#10 ·
OK, I got the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector and a Lone Wolf barrel. The trigger feels funny with the over travel completely gone when it's dry fired. With a round in the chamber, I didn't notice the odd feeling. I haven't put any rounds thru the new barrel yet. Probably do that next week.

Reactions: dbcooper
#12 ·
I went out in around 7 degree weather with some nasty gusts and put a few rounds through the new barrel. I was tired of waiting for a warmer day.
The Lone Wolf barrel functioned well. The different travel of the trigger will take a little getting used to. It seems to travel further before breaking. There is no travel beyond the break. Like I said earlier, it feels odd, kind of heavy even at the break point, when dry fired. It's not noticeable when there is a round in the chamber.

It shot well IMO. I am not a great hand-gunner so you have to take that into account. All I shot was a full mag (9 rds). It's not the greatest, but it was cold as hell and windy. If you didn't read earlier, this is a Glock 27. Here's a pic of the target at 7 yds.
Shooting sport Shooting Recreation Target archery Circle

Reactions: dbcooper
#14 ·
I hear ya. I couldnt get up the nerve to go outside in that weather yet alone shoot accurately...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.