Glock 35

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Big ugly, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Finally got a chance to take it out and put some rounds through it, Its nice, its comfortable and fairly acurate for a glock. I dont like the 5.5 lb trigger though. Any one else shot one of these yet?
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

They make lighter triggers for...

lightweight "inexperienced" shooters. :D

I think they come in 2 or 3 lb triggers?

mike
    gn
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

HAR HAR HAR, I dont know I jst dont lke the trigger pull on it. I dont mind heavy triggers I justdont like it n this gun. It feels odd to me. Of course a 40 cal in this light of a platform feels off to me also though.
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I love heavy triggers, especially with a bit of a creep, like my Mosin-Nagant.
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Ugly, I used to own a 35. I loved that pistol. I posted a few weeks back that I really regret selling it. Now finding another is a different story. Around here they are like hens teeth, None to be found. Seems the people that have them are keeping them and enjoying them as much as I did mine and as much as I think you will enjoy yours. Accurate from day one and smooth as a babies butt. never any issues with it at all except that I wished I had never sold it. Enjoy my friend!
  6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Congrats on the 35. I need it and the elusive 24 to complete my Glock 40 cal collection.:D
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

resurecting an old thread, didn't want to start a new one...

sooooo.... had to show off my new Glock! I wanted a G24 in gen4 but no dice so went with the G35 gen4.

[​IMG]

initially just added a hogue grip and 3.5 ghost rocket connector so it matches my G23 compact...
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

bought some more goodies from Glockstore, they showed up yesterday; I tore open the box like a kid at Christmas and installed the magwell right away. I also got a few heavy duty trigger springs to allow for faster resets for rapid firing, gonna see if it makes any difference. Also picked up another +2 Glock basepad so now I have 47 rounds available on my person at all times.

Love the magwell, need to file down the bottom of the Glock frame to make it actually tapered completely but it also makes the grip much better and helps keep the strong hand high up on the grip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Nice weapon. How's it group?
  10. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

So far I've only shot a few mags out of her to verify function with my ammo so I didn't really get a solid feel for accuracy although it seemed to be right on with the factory stock sights. I sniped some old beer cans with it from about 20 meters with consistent hits. Going to take her out this weekend and put her on paper to see accuracy and plink my steelies.

Going to order some Trijicon or TruGlo nightsites for her also, other than that, I think I'm done modding her out for now. I also will be getting a Safariland dropleg with TLR light fit, but it's $155, need to fill the piggy bank a little more before I buy that. Got a Serpa CQC and made a nice ITW leather for daily concealed carry.
  11. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Mag well looks good. I saw a gold colored once and the guy had the grip tape on it. I used the hogue grips and I still couldn't bear to keep my 23....need the $$ and made $$ so it is what is....
  12. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

thanks! I went with the (cheap) polymer one, I didn't want a metal one mainly due to price but didn't want any extra weight. Grip tape is a good idea, may throw some on there in the front.

she's a beast, love my 1911 to death but this thing is more reliable with HP ammo not to mention double the capacity. Slightly longer barrel and sight radius too.

even my G23 as small as it is shoots VERY accurate, the G35 is a freakin' monster and I love it!
  13. jce07a

jce07a New Member

i just got the Glock 24 but im having trouble finding holsters for it...some 34/35 holsters will fit but safariland doesnt have anything and blackhawk is kinda iffy too...
  14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

yeah, even the 35 is hard to find some holsters. I bought a G22 holster in the Serpa CQC for exposed carry, fits perfect. I even stuffed it into my G23 Serpa and it fits perfect (just a mile of barrel/slide sticking out!)

with the light mount holsters, ya gotta get the right length so it will fit, I really wanted a G24 but I need to carry it in a dropleg with the light so the G35 wins.

You could try contacting Bladetech or other places and see if they will do a custom build for you, I'm sure the price will reflect but they might have something 'in the back smoke-filled office' for a G24, chances are you aren't the first one to ask for it. Worth a shot
  15. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I may have to rethink the Glock...thanks!