Glock 36 - 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

tuckerd1
    (6/2/01 8:10:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Glock 36 - 45 ACP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I shot a Glock 36 today. Police issue, had the city name and the the officer's badge number on the slide.

This is the first Glock I have ever handled, so don't all you Glock lovers start bashing me for my comments.

It felt good in my hand. Lightweight, slim and would make a good CCW. But had trouble with the trigger. Very heavy and a lot of travel. Is this normal on stock pistols and can it be corrected easily? Reminded me of squeezing an SKS trigger.

Shot pretty big group, 4"@25yds, probably because of the trigger.

AntiqueDr
    (6/2/01 9:04:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Glock 36 - 45 ACP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are various aftermarket trigger groups/disconnectors designed to alleviate that problem. Perhaps the pistol you shot had the infamous "New York Trigger"?

Purveyor of Fine Firearms to the Enlightened Few
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Alphamale
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/2/01 9:10:42 pm)
    Could be a NY trigger, or if you shoot single actions alot it could have been the regular 5.5lb trigger. The Glock triggers have a feel all their own.

To fix it, just get a 3.5lb connecter and polish the contact points, fixes the trigger up nicely I think. One of the best things about Glocks is that they're easy to work on.

The grouping does sound like trigger problems. Did the shots go low and left? That's very common with the Glocks until you learn the trigger on them. After you master the trigger they're surprisingly accurate. Maybe not Match Grade 1911 accurate, but they will surprise you.

Alpha, Glock lover

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyranize their teachers."--Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

tuckerd1
    (6/2/01 9:20:09 pm)
    Alpha, the shots went low.

Alphamale
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/2/01 9:37:43 pm)
    It's the trigger, I don't know what it is about Glock triggers, but until you get used to the trigger it shoots low or low and left. It's friggin crazy I tell you, crazy
    "Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyranize their teachers."--Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

TYRVR
    (6/3/01 7:50:30 pm)
    The Guys at Local Dept. that switched direct from S&W M.10s to Glocks were noticing that officers previously trained on double action revolvers had no problems with trigger control, but officers hired from other areas that had been trained on Berettas and SIGs had trouble with the long heavy pull every shot when they had been used to D.A. first shot only, but, in the not so good news Dept. the officers trained on revolvers had fits trying to learn maintenance and take down procedures on Glocks, scores in qualification stayed about level, as the officers that shot well with revolvers also shot well with the Glocks after A short training period,
    If Heaven ain't got A loading bench.....I'm going to Hell,

obelix2
    (6/4/01 9:30:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ruger
    USA