Glock 9x19 Gen 4

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mcgreen85, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

Hey guys, my brother bought a refurbished glock 9mm I think it's a gen 2 or a gen 3 I forgot to look. Anyway I've always owned 40's & 45's & so has he, but he wanted to buy something that would be cheaper to buy ammo for so he could just target practice & shoot more without spending an arm & a leg on 45 ammo. I went & shot it with him & it was a good shooting gun I realy enjoyed it. Now I'm thinking about buying one for myself. I don't know a lot about blocks but I was looking on line & I was wondering is there a benefit to getting the gen 4 or do I save that money & just buy a regular glock ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt
  2. jce07a

jce07a New Member

the gen 4 has a different grip. you have the ability to choose a slimmer or fatter grip for different shaped/size hands. go check out the gen 3 and see how it feels and if you like the feel, you already know how it shoots, go for it. glock has the 17L and 34 and each of those shoots pretty dang smooth and are fun accurate 9's to shoot.
  3. mcgreen85

mcgreen85 New Member

I had a friend tell me that if I was going to spend the money to buy a gen 4 then I should buy the Springfield xdm he said it was a little better on the trigger pull & just as accurate, i don't know I guess I'm just gonna have to keep researching it & go by the store & put each one in my hand & see how they feel. Thanks for the feedback
  4. The Count

The Count New Member

You can most probably save yourself $50 and go with the Gen 3. Unless you really want the 3rd magazine. The grip inserts are al pretty similar if you ask me. The Gen 3 has a lot more accessories than Gen 4. Same trigger feel, same accuracy.
  5. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

As others said, grip inserts versus std grip. Your best bet is to handle both and see how they feel to you. There is a little chatter on Glock Talk about some gen 4 issues, but I don't know if it is valid or not, my Glocks are gen 2 and 3.