1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Glock conversion barrel

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by drunkdude69, Feb 7, 2006.

1. drunkdude69

drunkdude69 New Member

Just FYI, I bought a Storm Lake conversion barrel (at topglock.c o m) for my Glock G22 to make it a 9mm instead of a 40S&W. I love it. Dropped right in and worked with no stoning or adjustments necessary, and I can hold tighter groups with the conversion barrel than with the original Glock barrel.

For $127 shipped, I got an accurate stainless 9mm barrel and a 17-round 9mm magazine. Basically when you buy a Glock 22, you can get a Glock 17 thrown in for another $127 more. In case you are in the market for a Glock 17, you may want to consider this and get the G22 instead. They have conversion barrels for the compact frame sizes, and barrels with compensation ports too.

I regularly shoot both types of ammo through the gun. One barrel is shooting while the other soaks in solvent at home.
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I was thinking about doing the same thing when I buy my Glock 32 in 357sig.Thanks for the report, if you would have typed in the web site as www.topglock.com we can just click on the link then.
  3. flopshot

flopshot New Member

the 357 sig conversion sounds like the way to go. too bad i have a pair of 17's :(
  4. drunkdude69

drunkdude69 New Member

It's an old habit with email addresses and websites so that jerks trolling the internet for addresses to send spam to can't have a program do the searching for them. As long as links are ok here, I'll type them out in the future.
  5. drunkdude69

drunkdude69 New Member

The upside is that you have one for each hand, just in case you meet someone who needs 34 bullets stat.
  6. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Flop,
    I've often wondered why you can't up a 9mm Glock to say 40 or 357sig. The gun and frames or the same except for 1 pin. (Pin 2 on the recoil block.) All the recent Glocks, (those since the 40 has been out), use the same recoil block. So it would be nothing to drill a hole in the polymer receiver. The only problem I can think of is that the 40 barrel wouldn't fit in the 9 slide.

Any thoughts on the subject? :rolleyes:
  7. riverrat27

riverrat27 New Member

I have a 31 (357 SIG) with a stock G22 barrel and a 9mm firedragon conversion barrel, love it! The outside diameter of the stock GLOCK 40 and 357 SIG barrels are the same diameter making them interchangable. The stock 9mm barrel is slightly smaller in diameter. Thus to machine/bore an ie. G17 slide to fit a G22/31 barrel the original 9mm barrel would now have a very sloppy fit to the slide (giving extremely poor accuracy and feeding problems). It would be safest to trade the G17 for one of the 40S&W or 357SIG models.The icing on the cake would be to pick up a compensated version while your at it! :)
  8. drunkdude69

drunkdude69 New Member

Luckily enough they sell compensated conversion barrels too.
  9. flopshot

flopshot New Member

i like my 17's and wouldn't want to screw them up. i decided to quit buying handguns a couple years ago but may have to yeild to a new glock / 357 combo of some sort. what's with the cost of glock mags? you'd thing H&K was making them.
  10. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Glock mags are cheap right now. I've seen them as cheap as 15.99 on some sites.
  11. flopshot

flopshot New Member

your right wolf. topglock's got'em for 19.00. guess it pays to look often. started my search for a suitable 357 conversion foundation today. got a few possibilites working. damn, i thought i was done with these things for awhile :D
  12. riverrat27

riverrat27 New Member

targetsportsinc.com has hi cap mags for 16.99 - most models and the shipping rates weren't over inflated the last time I made an order :)
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006