Glock dilemma

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by norahc, Apr 6, 2012.

?

Which one to buy.

Poll closed Apr 10, 2012.
  1. G29SF

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. G33

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I'm having a hard time deciding on my next Glock purchase.

The choice is between the G29SF and G33.

One of my goals is to collect at least one of every Glock model I can, starting by getting one of every caliber. My current EDC is a G20SF, and I don't have a .357 sig yet.

However, the primary purpose of this gun would be a BUG so if I went with the 29 I wouldn't have to carry multiple caliber ammo.

Thoughts?
  2. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Dont know about the others but my favorite and my carry gun is glock 21,45acp its full size and I love it.It never fails its easy to clean and it has awesome knock down power.It has a double stack mag,holds 13 and 1 in the pipe.I figure if I cant hit them with 14 rounds ill just throw it at them and run like hell.lol I dont think youll go wrong with any model glock youll choose.Ya always hear people knock them cause their a plastic gun.Most of them have never shot one let alone held one.If the space age polymer wasnt the way to go why are the other big brand names following suit.Theres alot of companies using polymer frames.good luck:)
  3. norahc

norahc Active Member

I should clarify that I already have the following Glocks: G17, G20SF, G23, and G30
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

you must like them alot.cool we got something in common,before I had my glock I was gonna buy a sprinfield .40 cal but my nephew got in a bind and he just bought the glock and only fired 10 rounds and he sold it to me for 200.00
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

If you looking for a bug gun then go with one that ammo is easily obtainable. 357sig and 10mm are not either one of those so its a toss up .
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

Ammo is not a concern, other than I don't have any .357 sig yet. Considering my primary carry weapon is a 10mm, I'm confused by what you meant by that.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we

Although I am not a Glock fan, I like the idea of the BUG using the same ammo as your primary carry weapon. Just makes good sense!
  8. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

:yeahthat:
  9. norahc

norahc Active Member

That is the reason I'm leaning towards the 29, but I keep hearing good things about the .357sig round.
  10. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I have the G-30SF and if the G-29SF is anything like it, you will love it.
  11. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I've also got a 20-SF, it takes a little more work to conceal it, but its just fine in a Bug-Out Bag :)
    Or, more precisely, in a Diaper Bag, which can hold the 4 extra mags as well ;)

[​IMG]
  12. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Personally, I'd go with the G33. I've heard nothing but good about the .357 Sig. The only reason I don't own one now is because I try to limit how many different calibers of ammo I have to stock up on. It doesn't sound like that is a concern for you.
  13. norahc

norahc Active Member

I picked up my new G29SF earlier today, but not without some regret. The gun shop also had a G32 in stock for the same price, but it was extremely difficult to override the logic of a BUG being the same caliber as your EDC.

Oh well, I guess that decides what my next Glock purchase will be. :cool: