Glock Knives

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by gamboolman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. gamboolman

gamboolman New Member

What is the concensus on Glock knives?

I use my knives and like them to be tough and have a softer - easier to sharpen steel. I am looking at the Glock knives?

Any advice would be much appreciated?

Thanks, gamboolman...
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I like mine, They have got a good steel also the got a bottle opener
  3. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Former Guest

gamboolman here's a review I did a while ago. I hope this helps you some sir.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply put, for the price they're hard to beat, especially if you prefer the "sticker" type knives as opposed to the "cutter" types.

[​IMG]

I purchased mine awhile ago because I wanted a "sticker" type that was stronger and cheaper than the F&S (which I own) and the venerable M3 trench Knife (which I don't own).

For the fashion conscious out there, they come in three colors. Mine was purchased in basic black, as it goes with everything, and not saw-backed. As well, there is a saw-back version if one is so inclined. In essence, you have six models to choose from.

[​IMG]

Ups and downs:

The Glock Field Knife is a good tool and, I am sure, weapon. Mine appears to be well made, the handle is nice fitting though I'd like heavier stippling against slippage.

The balance point is directly behind the guard, a nice feature which I prefer. By the way, the guard is, for me, a perfect size and I can open beer bottles with it (an option any Soldier would appreciate)!

The sheath is well designed and made. It should fit anywhere one chooses to put it and has an extremely positive clasp (more on this feature below). Undoubtedly the sheath is "jump certified".

As for the down side, well, the edge was non-existent as it came from the shop, at least on mine anyway. No major problem there, simple a little extended session with the stones and I was in business.

The sheath, as I mentioned above, is very secure. It would actually be a negative point if the knifes sole use was as a weapon, especially for a GI. To unsnap it from the sheath is virtually a two-handed operation and when re-sheathing the clasp makes a very audible click. These problems shouldn't affect the average user and may improve somewhat with prolonged use.

In all, I'm satisfied with mine and would not hesitate to recommend it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note on saw-backed knives: While this option may seem desirable, it really doesn't belong on this type of weapon. The GFK is really, by design, more of a weapon than a general purpose knife. The saw-back would hang up on your assailants clothing and other internal items. This would make multiple wounds likely impossible and, as with gunshots, multiple wounds are where it's at if you want to survive. I'd pass on the fancy options for a weapon and stick with old plain Jane.
  4. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I bought one from Randy Weaver a couple of years ago. "the Randy Weaver" He'd sharpened it pretty well and carried it for a while. Decent knife; not my taste though. Little too much in the plastic department.

I have the MK3 combat knife and a few modern copies of it. I like the stack leather handle over the plastic.
  5. jackmcmanus21

jackmcmanus21 New Member

i have no bad things to say about my glock knife