Glock Pocket Carry

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by eagle45, Sep 30, 2005.

1. eagle45

eagle45 New Member

Does anyone carry a Glock 26 or 27 via pocket carry? I see DeSantis offers their Nemesis pocket holster for these model glocks. How difficult would it be to conceal and carry a model 26/27 glock in a pocket holster? How difficult is the draw?
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I don't know, but i saw a fake wallet thing a few years back that was a wallet set up with a small auto in it. It had hole for the trigger and i think it was cut for the ejection port... Looked like a real wallet, leather and all.
    I don't remember weither it was an internet joke or a real world ccw carry. I suspect it was a spoof...but who knows.
    Thug demands wallet, so you give it to them... :D nifty idea anyway...

mike
    gn
  3. eagle45

eagle45 New Member

I know many people carry their Kel-Tec and Kahr in a pocket holster.

The G27 is 6.29 inches long (Kel-Tec P11 is 5.6 inches). G27 has a height of 4.17 inches (P11 4.3 inches). G27 is 1.18 inches wide (P11 1 inch wide).

The G27 doesn't seem much larger than the Kel-Tec. Would it be feasible to carry the Glock in a pocket holster?
  4. cec

cec New Member

Depends on which pocket and how big your pocket is :)

I have rented the 26 and 27 at the range a few times, if you have larger pockets (jacket or even dress pant size) it might work. But even then it may be a bit too noticeable. However for an "inside the pants" or even an ankle hostler it would be a good fit.

The smaller Kahr or Kal-tec are more designed for pocket carry.
  5. Sackett

Sackett Member

Hi Glocknut.
    Yeah, my uncle used to have a wallet holster. It held a small Beretta. I even used to see some of those wallet holsters about 20 years ago. I never see them in magazines, but I'd sure like to have one now. I was beginning to think the things were illegal.
    I bought my Glock 26(on recomendation from a cop) with the idea that it would be a great pocket gun, but it seems a little large. Maybe I can find some type of wallet holster for it, but it would have to be kinda big.
    As yet, I only carry it in winter and have a large coat.
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thing about a large coat is you might as well carry a 45acp. there is another option though. I remember a thunderwear ad for an inside the pants pocket holster.... Let me see if i can find the link.

Got it. Here's the link...
    http://www.thunderwear.com/
    I don't know how well it works. I never bought one. The ccw laws here in Ark are just to overbearing, and i refuse to bow to their BS, just to be able to get a permit to do what ought to be legal without a permit.... :mad:

mike
    gn
  7. eagle45

eagle45 New Member

Bump to the top. I'm curious to hear everyone else's opinion.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Ah...threads usually die when i'm actively participating in them...... :rolleyes:

Sorry.

mike
    gn
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

HEY GLOCKNUT I KNOW CPR,
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

YOU STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM ME BUDDY !!!!!!! :D lol

mike
    gn
  11. Deputy Dawg

Don't worry glockNUT I would only do CPR on a female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

GOOD !!! :D

mike
    gn
  13. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Female What????????............. :D :D
  14. Deputy Dawg

Very funny.................. a female human being of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  15. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Must be the kind you wake up next to the morning after with an acute hangover! :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek:
  16. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Female Realdoll ?? :rolleyes: :D

mike
    gn
  17. stash247

stash247 New Member

Sackett, according to the "Alphabet Cops", a pocket holster, like the one once available for the High Standard Derringer, capable of allowing the operation of a weapon, without first drawing it out of the holster, ARE illegal!
    SWD once offered an "Operational Briefcase", from which you could fire a Mac 11, with the weapon inside, and the Briefcase closed, via a linkage from the case's handle, to the trigger of the 'buzz gun' also is considered a "class 3" device, as I recall, and illegal, unless registered, and the $200 tax paid, and they will not issue the registration, for the device.
    In general terms, any method of concealment of a weapon, allowing operation of the weapon, without first removing the weapon from said device, is considered by them the same as a silencer, machine gun, etc, with the exception that, if you are willing to pay enough, and wait long enough, you CAN possess the 'machine gun'; they will be allowing the "shoot thru the holster, holsters", very soon, however, right after Hell freezes over!
    Personally, I've never been assaulted by any sort of 'Leather Goods', and fail to see how the method of carry, or, presentation, ought to be an issue, but the Feds have a different agenda, as I understand the law.
    'nuff said. Don't do it,unless your lawyer works for a fixed, annual, fee.
    Hope this is a bit of light, on a shady situation, Terry
  18. Sackett

Sackett Member

Hey Stash
    Thanx for the legal jargon. I can't even begin to recall how I thought the pocket holsters were illegal to start with. Its been so long ago when I saw one. I thought they were neat then, but just never got around to gettin one. No one I know has even mentioned them in the last 20 years or so .
    Guess if I had one now, I wouldn't go around tellin anyone that I did.
  19. eagle45

eagle45 New Member

I think you guys need to be re-certified for CPR. You're definitely trying to kill this one! :)

I had the opportunity to fire both the Kahr PM9 and the Glock 26. I also tried both out in a pocket holster. I normally wear relatively baggy jeans, with my wallet in my right front pocket and cell phone on front left. I was surprised how similar the "signature" of the Glock 26 was to the PM9. I expected the G26 to show more, given its slightly larger size. However, with the pocket holsters, neither showed much more than my wallet and cell phone normally do. You can definitely tell I have something in my pockets - but the contents are anyone's guess.

I felt both the PM9 and the G26 shot very well, even without the grip extensions. However, the G26 just felt better in my hand. Although, I think the PM9 would be slightly easier to carry, if only for the reduced weight and thinner grip.

I fully expected to try the G26 and say "Nope, too big for the pocket". That wasn't the case. Now my decision will be a little bit more difficult.

Slightly off topic - The Kahr PM40 was quite a handful. I'll definitely stick to the 9mm in the micro frame.
  20. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You mean it kicked a little to hard due to its small size ? Or just a bigger pistol ??

mike
    gn