Glock Question

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by MattJ, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MattJ

MattJ New Member

Hello, I had a question about a Deal I am making with an instructor of mine.

I am currently working with an NRA certified instructor, and I have decided to get a Glock model 19. He offered to sell me his Glock, which I have shot, because He wants to shoot Production IPSC with it, and since the gun he has has modifications, he said he would swap me straight up for a new Black on Black G-19. His gun only has ~1000 rounds through it, 200 of them are from me, and I trust him when he says that it is virturally new.

His gun has a silver slide, I believe he said that it was stainless steel, and an extended Slide-release, and a Green bottom half. So it is in no way black like a typical Glock. I decided, out of curiousity, to check and see what a stainless steel silver slide went for, and checked all of the major Glock retail sites, but couldnt find anything on a silver colored slide for the Glock. I was wondering if this silver "stainless steel" slide is any sort of added feature, or if it is just a polished version of the stock slide. Are all Glock slides made from stainless steel?

Thanks for any help given

-Matt
  2. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

The slide is probably hard chromed. I believe Caspian was also making some aftermarket stainless slides for the Glock though
  3. MattJ

MattJ New Member

Wouldnt Chrome be shiny though? this seems more of a dull finish.
  4. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Attached Files:

5. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Glock has never made a production gun with a stanless slide. I agree with RM and the slide is hardcrome or electrictroless nickel, as it use to be called.

It's a good finish. It's one of the most durable finish I've had.

One question. Why are you going to pay new price for a used gun? He wants a new black on black G19 for his used G19? If a G19 is what you want keep the new one. IMHO
  6. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Given that the pistol you are evaluating doesn't give you much in terms of perforamce or functionality, I would say it is a bad deal to swap a new for used Glock. At a 1000 rounds, the firearm has a long life ahead of it, but you will lose any kind of support from Glock in terms of warranty, if you buy a used firearm and one that has been modified at that.

Besides I like the feeling of walking up to the counter and buying a new firearm...puts a little pep in my step for the rest of the day.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006