Glock questions

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by pilot939, Aug 24, 2006.

1. pilot939

pilot939 New Member

I just turned 21 and got my CPL. I now cary a Glock 23 with Winchester 180 gr. SXTs.

Some of the guys I know have told me that you should not shoot reloads in Glocks. Is this true and if so why? I would not cary reloads but i do want to shoot them for practice.

Second question. Opinions on best night sights and tactical rail light?

Thanks.
  2. Ursus

Ursus New Member

I'd shot reloads in Glocks in the past with no harm done. what you are saying is new to me.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

As far as the light's question. I like the M6 by surefire laser/light combo.
    Or for easyier holsterin I like the lasermax guide rod laser.
    And the night site I like the Trijon
  4. pilot939

pilot939 New Member

thats what i thought. the gun is no diferant. the only change is how well one does with a reloading press.
  5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

The whole "no reloads in GLOCK" comes from some early incidents when some GLOCKs went KABOOM. GLOCK claimed to have traced the problem down to overly-hot reloads and cautioned strongly against using hot reloads in GLOCK pistols. This got morphed, evidently, into "NO reloads in GLOCK."

Like many gun companies, there is probably a clause somewhere that states that GLOCK will not cover a gun under warranty that is damaged due to a bad handload. Only makes sense. Why should GLOCK have to pay for a new gun when Johnny Handloader made a mistake and dropped a double charge in a cartridge?

As you should do when handloading for *ANY* weapon, watch your charges, make sure you do not overcharge nor undercharge *ANY* brass with powder. Carefully measure each charge and double-check your work. Guns can be replaced. Fingers, eyes, etc. aren't so easy to replace.
  6. Very true, John. Another factor that bears on the issue as well is that using reloads often means using lead bullets. It certainly does for some reloaders at least. The internal octagonal barrel design of the Glock pistol does not take kindly to lead bullets. It needs copper jackets to function properly and avoid damage.
  7. kings

kings New Member

i'm convinced a glock would fire a rock if it had powder behind it:D
  8. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

JACKETED BULLETS ONLY!!!!

GHEESH!

LTS